Uber from Marina in Cap Cana

I hope someone can tell me if I can take an Uber from Cap Cana to go shopping at a place outside of cap Cana such as Jumbo.  If someone has successfully take such as trip i would like to hear how they got into the community, meaning what did they show security.

Thanks !

Coming back 3/21 to continue my quest of finding a sanctuary in the Sun, hopefully to one day call the DR my part time adopted country.

Uber is not allow into Cap Cana. You certainly can call a taxi within Cap Cana and they will take you. Jumbo is quite far, is located in downtown Punta Cana. I will say about 30 mins, this will be a very costly taxi ride.   Right outside Cap Cana we have the National Supermarket  and Blue Mall, About 10 mins   From the cap cana entrance. A taxi will cost you about 34-40 dollars.  We also have Las Canas Marketplace, this is a smaller type of supermarket with most of the essentials you will  need.  This will be your cheaper option. I believe is about  5 dollars

I just returned from Cap Cana.  I used Uber twice coming into Cap Cana Marina without any problem. I have not tried to order one to pick me up inside Cap Cana so don't know if that would be a problem, however if it was a problem you could order one to pick you up at the welcome center which right outside the Cap Cana entrance gate.

I have used Uber in my last trip inside Cap Cana so do not think it would be an issue to leave. In returning regardless of using taxi or anything else they have to leave id to enter generally.

However, using regular car service/taxi they will wait at the supermarket though cost is higher than a uber.

There used to be several shuttle services (free) inside and outside Cap Cana.  Maybe someone could confirm if they are still running or some investigation might be required.  Sometimes if you hop, skip and jump your way to your destination you can do so almost for free but then you have to learn the way of the land...

@DominicanadaMike

Alas, my days of hopping and skipping and jumping or behind me, I do walk with a cane. Thank you for your input. Hope to meet you one of these days.