Council of Ministers Delays

Has any British or South African national experienced a long delay in the CoM approval to purchase... If so what has been given as the excuse for the delay

That sounds like a "leading question" @toon 😉 ......

Jim

No not leading .... Just two sets of friends have been given reasons for delays and I dont believe the reasons given... Am trying to assess if others have been told the same...

Both leading to long delays in getting permission to buy or their buyer getting permission to buy... Equating to delays in their sale or purchase....so far 4-5 months and completion not even in sight... Then there is the tax clearances to be done too

@Toon thanks I hope that these are just unfortunate incidents for your friends Toon and hopefully not an emerging pattern....

Jim

Jim only time will.tell...but social.media would suggest otherwise as it seems they are not the only ones suffering long delays... When we bought our property last year it only took 2-3 weeks max.... The whole buying process from viewing paying deposit to getting deeds and keys only took 7 weeks

Uh Oh - doesn't sound good - what sort of delays are we talking about and are the sales eventually going through?

Jim

As I said Jim our purchase went through in 7 weeks including 2-3 weeks at CoM... The ones I've heard about are taking in excess of four months ... So not good

I know that banks are looking much closer at source of funds evidence and taking that to the nth degree.... But these delays appear to be at CoM.... And not related...

@Toon cheers Toon - I'll be watching the situation with interest

Jim

@Toon; Ours was submitted around 10 November and still waiting for approval. Been told it's because there's only one person doing them for Paphos area. Have your friends had any luck with theirs?

Yes, theirs has all.been cleared but it has been couple 1 ....5 months couple 2.. 4.5 months... All.were non eu

Thanks Toon, it'd be nice to know how long any applications took lately. Waiting another 2 or 3 months will be a pain for us as every month costs us more rent.

My suggestion would be to chase your lawyer... And if necessary go with him to get action

Sadly you and many others are in the Lap of the gods... Those gods have lots of tea breaks and short hours....

@Toon thanks, if you hear of any others getting approved I'd appreciate knowing when they were submitted & approved.

I know a couple who have started the process so will ask them to keep me informed

@Toon many thanks. Appreciate it.