Apostile requirements for EU nationals

Has any EU national recently applied for residency. If so what documents needed to apostilled....

Enter http://www.moi.gov.cy/  there you get all the information. Arrange your appointment asap as it takes about 3 months.

Yes I knew that but the definition of citizens didn't fit what I wanted to find out .... It confused matters somewhat as a person in the business of fixing things for immigration gave differing information.

@Toon

As you know, EU citizens enjoy Freedom of Movement, and the standard requirements (throughout EU) for EU Citizen Registration are proof of funds, proof of health insurance, and proof of address. I would not expect any of these to require apostille/legalization. (But, admittedly, I'm not an EU citizen, and I certainly haven't done this in Cyprus recently.) If they subsequently apply for Family Reunification (for non-EU spouse and any children) then I'd expect the proof of family relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.) would need to be legalized (or apostilled).

@gwynj I kind of think the same however the official sources for documents etc are not so clear on this.. as certain documents need to be duly certified where applicable...   That's the bit that's not so clear...   

@Toon

Can you share a link, so I can have a read?

"Duly certified" isn't necessarily legalization/apostillation (which is relevant only to "official" documents issued overseas, such as criminal record certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates and so on). It could refer to "notarization".

For example, the proof of address might need to be notarized in some way. In Bulgaria, the proof of address is either a property deed (which is issued by the notary), or a long-term rental agreement (which must be accompanied by a landlord declaration, and at least one of the two documents must be notarized). The proof of health insurance might commonly be a health insurance policy purchased in Cyprus. But if I were a French pensioner, I might get a French-issued S1. And this might need an English (or Greek) translation by a Cyprus-certified translator, which would probably need to be notarized.

@gwynj Exactly my thoughts ... I don't think an Irish passport holding British national (EU) needs birth cert marriage cert etc to be apostilled... They do say if these events occured abroad then they may need certifying.  Just want to know if anyone has recently gone through this bit as an EU national.

Here is the link to the required documents..maybe am not being too bright .. or am I reading to much into it..

http://www.moi.gov.cy/MOI/CRMD/crmd.nsf … endocument

Then

http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf … endocument

@Toon

It says "documents submitted as part of applications must be duly certified/authenticated". And then it's kinda left up to us to figure out which documents need what kind of official stamp... if any. :-)

But, for sure, it includes several main options such as legalization/apostillation of public documents such as a marriage certificate, certified translations (if the document is not in English or Greek) by state-registered translators, and notarized documents (including certified copies of important originals that you don't want to hand over).

@gwynj exactly ..    no wonder applicants are confused...