PEP approval chances and any future impact to PR application?

I am considering applying for a PEP given the uncertain economic times ahead and risk of layoffs/recession globally. I am quite comfortable at my current job but feel I need a safety net just in case. Also given the salary bracket increases from next year, I am thinking to apply before that kicks in

Background

Indian National Age 35

Duration in Singapore - 10 years (across 2 companies)

Base salary - $18k per month / working as a product manager in tech

TC (including stocks/bonus/others) - $270K P/a

Education - bachelors from India

Previous PR applications in 2020/21 as a single - both rejected

Plan to get married early next year to a Singaporean PR - and apply for PR under her sponsorship about 9-12 months after

Questions:

1- What are the chances of PEP being approved if a apply in a few months? (Given my current base wont meet their future requirements) Is there a high rejection rate like some EP's and many PR applications?

2- Does this have any potential impact on my future PR application after marriage?

3- Or does it make more sense to apply only IF my company does a lay off similar during the upcoming economic downturn

I think a PEP (whether approved or not) would not have an impact on any future PR application, given that they are processed by different government agencies (MoM and ICA).

To develop a plan B only when a lay-off occurs seems a bit late to me - your applications are likely to take months to process!