Rent a flat or a house in Belo Horizonte

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Belo Horizonte. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Belo Horizonte.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Belo Horizonte?

How to find a home in Belo Horizonte: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

We will be relocating to Belo Horizonte in October and recently visited to find an apartment. Thankfully, my husband's company will be handling all of the paperwork, but this is what I was told I would need if we were taking care of it ourselves:

ID
Marriage certificate
Some address “evidence”, in USA;
Work documents – contracts, working paper, etc
Annual income papers
Property documents (houses, cars, etc)

We used a real estate agency (Austen Imoveis: austenimoveis.com.br). A friend referred us to the relator that he had used (Raphael - the only English speaking realtor in the office). He showed us three places and we ended up going with one of them. We actually ended up in Nova Lima which is just on the other side of the Belvedere area of Belo Horizonte. Taxes are much cheaper in Nova Lima so that allowed us to get a nicer apartment that if we had stayed right in Belo Horizonte.

One piece of advice - rent is negotiable. The apartment that we ended up getting was originally listed at R 2.000,00  more a month than what we ended up getting it for. It may have helped that the building that we will be living in is very new and appears to be mostly vacant.   

I have a Brazilian friend who is a relator (but she only sells, does't deal with rentals) She recommended these two rental agencies:
larimoveis.com.br
anuardonato.com.br

Hi melissaguz!

Thanks for your help ;)

Armand

[Moderated: Please register yourself into Business directory]