Good place to look for a house to rent?

Hi, we are moving to Belo Horizonte in January 2013.  Never been to Brazil and have no idea what to expect!  A little nervous, but also excited about the new adventure!  Can anyone give me some info on ALPHAVILLE?  Would that be a good place to look for a house to rent?  We are bringing our dog...so need a house not an apartment.  Family of 4...kids will go to the American School.

Hi Bfamily,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Belo Horizonte forum for better visibility. ;)

Christine

Hi Bfamily,

Well you learn something new every day! Even though I lived in Belo  Horizonte for several years I had believed that the only ALPHAVILLE is in Greater São Paulo. WRONG! There's a realatively new one south of the city of Belo Horzonte as well. As a result of your question I did a Google search and stumbled across a webpage that is just full of incredible photos. Even if you can't speak a word of Portuguese they really need no tranlation. The place looks like heaven on earth to me! Check out this link.... try not to drool all over your computer please! As far as rents go with houses like these ones I'm sure they would be way up there. Doesn't look like the low-rent district to me....wow.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=610790

As far as living in Brazil take the time to read ALL of the articles that I have posted with a 'sticky' at the top of the first page of the Brazil Forum they will give you about all the information you will need to know about life in and living in Brazil. The topic about the High Cost of Living in SP, how to economize while written about São Paulo actually hold true for any large city in Brazil (certainly from my own experience it is true about BH as well).

Welcome to Expat-blog and in advance welcome to Brazil too. If you need any further information please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog