The Senior Content Development Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and measuring the ongoing performance of CSOFT’s integrated English technical writing services, which are designed to support Chinese organizations in producing documentation that better reflects the expectations and habits of overseas consumers. This is a client-facing role; in addition to leading discovery phases with clients, responsibilities also include supporting the China business development team as a pre-sales content expert.
- Perform high-level information design, and lead team of technical writers to produce technical documentation from concept to final delivery
- Lead team of technical writers, illustrators, and desktop publishers to create technical content from scratch or optimize existing technical content
- Working closely with client, understand and internalize all aspects of requirements. Serve as single reference point for all linguistic and style inquiries, and perform regular training on client’s language requirements.
- Identify reoccurring quality issues, and manage the development of style guide and training recommendations for the client
- Conduct linguistic testing on important, high-visibility content, and perform batch testing on extended projects
- Working with HR team, identify, interview, and vet technical writing talent based on the client’s needs
- Working with Senior Project Manager, manage daily content development team activities, including communications, scheduling, content assignment, and review of high-level content to ensure that quality standards are being met
- Perform ongoing needs assessment with clients to determine scope, volume, expectations, and potential areas of improvement
- Liaise with product and client-side translation/editing teams to assess gaps in content development processes, and help design solutions
- Serve as single point of contact for technical content-related queries
China Sales Support
- Develop core technical writing and content optimization offering, with supporting sales documentation, to assist sales team in understanding and selling technical writing, proofreading, and content optimization services
- When needed, join sales team for client meetings to help:
1. Serve as content expert
2. Help close deals that need extra attention
3. Consult on content development/localization issues
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or IT engineering. Regardless of background education the candidate should have strong writing skills and an excellent understanding of technology.
- 3-4 years of content development or management experience in a multilingual environment (in-house or agency are both okay)
- Native English speaker, with a strong grasp of grammar and controlled language
- Advanced Chinese speak
If you are interested send your CV and cover letter to Alma Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover the expat guide and find useful info for your expat project