Final pay and expenses not being paid by employer

I submitted my resignation November 2020 giving 2 month notice as per my employment contract. My final day was 4 Jan 2021. I was told that I would get all due to me within 10 days, however nothing has been paid yet. This company has a history of paying late and is one of the reasons I decided to leave.
Under Saudi law as I understand, the company is also to pay end of service benefit. I believe that the company will not pay this benefit. A previous employee who resigned over 1 year ago had been with the company 5 years was not paid the end of service benefit.
My question is, can I register a complaint with Saudi labor board, if there is such a department.

Thanks

Hello Stan,

You can indeed lodge a complain but make sure you haven't signed on any document that your employer may have asked you to sign in Arabic.

Ideally, they should show you calculation of your last salary, end of service and any other dues. Once you agree on calculations, they should pay it in your account or as cash.

Once you receive the payment in hand, only then they can issue the final exit. By law, you can even ask for transfer of sponsorship if you have completed your contract, given notice in time and have not broken any clauses of your employment contract.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for your reply. I was working under a business visa. Can I send you a PM, I do not like to put to many details on a open forum.

Yes, sure. It would be better to keep your details off public forums.

Regards

Hi,

I am working in an IT company and my contract renewed November last year. My old contract that i signed mentioned the termination clause that either party can terminate the contract by giving 60 days notice. However during corona time, HR asked me to sign a contract that has different clause that has obligation of saudi labour rule of 74, 75 and 77. However in the email HR said it is only required to upload these contract in gosi and nothing else. Even on call HR said that gosi is for saudi nationals only and you dont be afraid about these things. Now i have resigned and serving notice period of 60 days as i have medical crises in my family. My mother is a kidney patient going for dialysis three times a week. I have already shared these details with HR. But they are asking me to pay back the salary amount till nov 2021.  I have a mail where HR simply mention that this contract is only for gosi not for any other reason.

Please suggest me how to deal with this.

Never sign any documents on assumption bases

Yes Ministry is very helpful in such type of cases and are very active as well to clear all disputes between employer and employee.

Thanks.

Yes. You take this matter up with the Department of Labour. Their "Friendly Settlement" process. If no settlement is reached, it will go to court. If you are not Arabic speaking, the process is difficult since the website is in Arabic in total. You will need assistance.
It is a lengthy process, but required if you want your entitlements.

Only Saudis are entitled to 60 days notice. Expats only 30 days, regardless of what contract says

denlo wrote:

Only Saudis are entitled to 60 days notice. Expats only 30 days, regardless of what contract says

That is good to know. Not so much for me but for my colleges still there.
Thanks

Yes, we found this out the hard way. Also waiting for entitlements. Contracts were terminated on 30 November 2020 with immediate effect.

My contract was finished fourth of January. I am still waiting for my final pay and  expenses

Start the process. Don't take final exit without it.

business visa has no requirements for end of service benefits.  you should have got a work visa/iqama.  i dont think they are entitled to give you anything.

there is no final exit on business visa.  its probably a multiple entry saudia visa which does not need exit/entry process.

@shahmurtaza0510
Dear shah

I am was working for my previous company for past 9 year they have terminated me 1 month before without giving my settlement please let me know how to claim your help is really needed
Hi liaquatalikhan08,

Welcome to expat.com. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this thread has been inactive for more than a year, it is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

In order to get answers from active members, feel free to create a new discussion on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Vero
Expat.com team
@shahmurtaza0510
Dear shah

I am was working for my previous company for past 9 year they have terminated me 1 month before without giving my settlement please let me know how to claim your help is really needed
- @liaquatalikhan08

Go to a lawyer and file a case against your employer.
But i prefer to take transfer first.
In that way, you will get salary and a new settlement in a new company.
And that company will also protect you from the old one.
Because that case can take upto months.
But don't sign any papers of the old company during the transfer.
@shahmurtaza0510 my husband is waiting for transfer for his new sponsor,actually in absher the sponsor has been change already but the previous employer has not accepted th qiwa yet. What can he do?also his last salary and end of service benefits is not yet given because the old company said he should be transferred first before taking it. Can you suggest any recommendations or should we already go to saudi labor?
Thank you
@shahmurtaza0510 my husband is waiting for transfer for his new sponsor,actually in absher the sponsor has been change already but the previous employer has not accepted th qiwa yet. What can he do?also his last salary and end of service benefits is not yet given because the old company said he should be transferred first before taking it. Can you suggest any recommendations or should we already go to saudi labor?
Thank you
- @Dwine

He is transferred.
Its done.
New employer will make new iqama for him.
Ask the old employer to release the benefits.

@Arsal7  his digital iqama is still the old empoyer and his iqama will be expired september 20,he can demand already his benefits?

@Arsal7  his digital iqama is still the old empoyer and his iqama will be expired september 20,he can demand already his benefits?

- @Dwine

That doesn't matter.
He is transferred.
His absher is changed, it is done.
And yes, he can demand his benefits but let's have some patience.
Let  him join the new company and when i got his hands on new physical iqama then proceed for that thing.

Hello sir, I am working from 10+ years in same company (they pay salary, health insurance, iqama fee, etc) but they didn't include my working period on gosi they just included 3 years of labor contract and now are telling me that they will just pay 3 years of service money so, what should I do? There's any possibility of getting full of service charge money? Please help me to know. Thank you in advance.

I have resigned as my employer did against contract, insulted me for fake dishonesty allegations repeatedly just to keep my mouth shut on contract violations. At the same time I am on labour visa which they never changed though i have got a degree. the day i resigned they put final exit on my name in eid holidays without paying even the salary, I am already in court but my final exit date is near, i want to keep fighting this case and get transfer to another employer. I have got all proofs in hand, what shall i do to avoid being illigal here and also start a new job? i have family and i can not sit in room for long... and am I eligable for salary after they issued a unlawful final exit during notice period? in my resign i demanded third party investigation on blames they put on me.. and i resign mentioning article 81. Please guide

@Maqbool ur Rehman

please try to find the job fast those people have no mercy

@Lydia73 but how can i transfer visa to new employer? they never uploaded contract on QIWA or GOSI

What is the fastest way to push the company for payment  of  EOS award?

Dear All out there in KSA,

My employment contract in KSA ends in this December and currently I'm facing an issue with my employer as they are not paying my salaries on time. they have been delaying the salaries since begining of this year and without dragging that for 3 consecutive months they are paying some small amounts to the bank as salary deposits.

Because of this situation I need to get the final exit at the end of my contract and how can I get my all salary due amounts and eosb before Final Exit? Even though I have seen many articles the emplyer should pay all due amounts before final exit, there are few of my colegues received the final exit without getting paid and I dont want to face the same.

Is there a way I can get my due balances & final exit without having to fight in counrts for months in this country?

Appreciate all for your support on this.

Thank You

@denlo thanks for providing precious information

@shahmurtaza0510, Hi just for query , is the company has the right not to give the ESB after you resigned as finish contract, in my case as a warehouse man the finance is looking the missing inventory which was missing due to inaccurate data entry to the system but Finance seems not interested to backtract and review all the document I have . Please advise

Hi I need help. My employer not paid me my salary I last work for but given me my vacation allowance very early in advance. He made my ticket day early before my salary . In my vacation documents he made me declare that I recieved all my dues as requirement to process my vacation also that I should not be paid anything after the my last day of working...I fear if I leave before being paid my employer want to dodge paying me my salary once I take a flight because it has happened to my colleague too. What should I do ? I worked for full 30 days.