What is the Salary of Assistant Professor at KFUPM

Hi everybody,

I have been recently hired as  an Assistant Professor  at KFUPM.  I hold Canadian passport. My academic qualifications are:

PhD degree: obtained from a top Canadian University (ranked among top 20 on the world)

Academic experience: 2 years of Postdoctoral research fellowship at another top Canadian University (ranked among top 20 on the world).

I have also small teaching experience during my masters only. I have also few years professional  experience before getting my PhD

Journal publications: 7 journal papers 

Awards: I hold 2 scholarships at my PhD and Postdoctoral studies+ 1 entrance scholarship given to the top admitted PhD students from my PhD institution.

I have not yet received the contract.

What is the expected salary that fits my profile?. 

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback  and advice.

Thank you in advance

Hi doctor may be 20000 to 25000 ryal saoudie

Thank you for your reply, but I think this is not accurate number. I hope somebody in the field  give his feedback

peace_11 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have been recently hired as  an Assistant Professor  at KFUPM.  I hold Canadian passport. My academic qualifications are:

PhD degree: obtained from a top Canadian University (ranked among top 20 on the world)

Academic experience: 2 years of Postdoctoral research fellowship at another top Canadian University (ranked among top 20 on the world).

I have also small teaching experience during my masters only. I have also few years professional  experience before getting my PhD

Journal publications: 7 journal papers 

Awards: I hold 2 scholarships at my PhD and Postdoctoral studies+ 1 entrance scholarship given to the top admitted PhD students from my PhD institution.

I have not yet received the contract.

What is the expected salary that fits my profile?. 

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback  and advice.

Thank you in advance

Hi there, I will greatly appreciate if you could answer some of my queries. I sent you a DM.

Hey,  The salaries in Saudi are based on nationality and your base pay in your country (Canada) in order to attract expat from different countries, they salary has to be higher than your basic pay in your country.  Therefore there is no set rule for the salaries.
My advice before you sign the is to study your contract & employment package which should include the following:
1- Make sure that your pay is higher than your basic pay
2- Housing is it provided or they will give housing allowance
3- Medical insurance
4- Yearly ticket to your country
5- Children's education if you have children
Then you calculate the salary and the benefits and decide about accepting the offer

@peace_11

Hi, I'm in a similar position at the moment. Would you please be kind enough to let me know of what salary they offered you. I graduated with my PhD  from a Canadian university as well top 30 in the world scale. And pretty much similar to yourself. Thanks!

@toheed4 Please check your inbox.

Hi,

I am also in the process of negotiation. A PhD from the UK with 5 years of Post PhD experience with 27 conference and journal publications. 3 completed doctorate students. a couple of research projects done.

The current title is Assistant Prof in the UK. 
@peace_11

Hi, I'm in a similar position at the moment. Would you please be kind enough to let me know of what salary they offered you. I graduated with my PhD  from a Canadian university as well top 30 in the world scale. And pretty much similar to yourself. Thanks!
- @toheed4

Hey, I am just reading these messages.

Did you end up accepting the offer? Which department you are going to join?
The basic salaries could be significantly different depending on the college. As an assistant professor in K***M, the starting salary (for a freshly graduated PhD) could be
1) 100k US dollars per year in the College of Petr & Geo (CPG),
2) 80k US dollars per year in the Business School,
3)  65k US dollars per year in any other college.

The extra benefits are the same: 7200 Saudi Riyals per year local trans allowance, annual tickets, 25000 Saudi Riyals per year per family children's education allowance (for CPG, 100,000 Riyals), free housing, and medical insurance.

Your experience may earn you some add-on, but don't expect more than 10%. Nationality does not make much difference unless you are ethnically WHITE. 

Note that the salaries I just mentioned are for the previous years. Since we are experiencing colossal inflation and VAT, the newcomers are offered with a higher package this year (2022).
@Mohamed_1980

Hello!

How are you?

I want to ask if someone posted here is already working there?
I have submitted my application for an Assistant Professor job too.
From your own experience:
1) How long does it usually take from submission-interview-job incorporation?
2) How is the accommodation on the campus for assistant professors, for a family of 2 adults and 1 child?
3) Can you negotiate the date of incorporation or they are strict?

Thank you.
Hi. Please enlighten me as I am also going through the recruitment process.

I want to ask at what stage of recruitment they ask for last salary slip? In case, I get acceptance then how much salary I should expect as a an Asian passport holder with 3 years of post Ph.D. research experience. My Ph.D. and post doc are from good Asian universities (ranked in Top 50 QS university rankings).

Thank you.
@Cat4444

1) How long does it usually take from submission-interview-job incorporation?

It depends on many factors: 1) how soon the department arrange an interview for you. 2) how fast does the higher authority deal with your case provided that the department recommend your application after the interview; 3) how much time does the ministry issue you a work visa. The shortest is 6 months, some I heard is 1.5 years. 

2) How is the accommodation on the campus for assistant professors, for a family of 2 adults and 1 child?

Usually a two-bedroom apartment with basic furniture and air conditioners. Electricity, water, and maintenance are free.

3) Can you negotiate the date of incorporation or they are strict?

They prefer you to join either during late August, or late January, in order to assign you teaching load before an academic term.

@Mohamed_1980 Thanks for information, what about visiting associate professor in information systems school?

cheers,

Medo

Hi All , can you please guide me how can i apply for the position of assistant prof position? Through university website or there are some other platforms? I am in last year of PHD from Europe. Your little time and useful comment  can help me . Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

I  have a few questions regarding  KFUPM if anyone shares the experience.

1. Is it ok to share the last pay slip? It is personal information. What if I do not share it?
  2. How long does it take to get an offer after providing the last pay slip?
  3. What is the expected salary (and other benefits) that fits my profile? I am an NZ citizen with over seven years of teaching experience in NZ universities. I have more than 50 international publications with many master's and PhD supervision experience.
  4. Lastly, how long it takes to get the visa?

Kind Regards

Hi All,

Does anyone know the starting salary for a Professor at KFUPM? I'm based in a top UK university and have been offered a position there, and trying to find the starting point for my negotiations.

Thanks.

@Kavazowe

Hi,

How long does it take for the application to getting a joining letter at KFUPM? I am interested and just want to know the timeline of the hiring process. Thank you.

@Kavazowe , Hope you got the good offer with good package at KFUPM. I have got an offer of an Associate Professor, and can share my experience if you want.