Work Visa taking too long. Help!!

Hi All,

Got a job offer from a big group in Riyadh a couple of months ago. I accepted as the offer was good. They initiated the visa process a month ago and asked me to get the medical, police verification and degree attestation sorted which I did a few weeks back. The next step as informed by them and the visa agent is that I need an attested labor contract and a couple of other documents (e wakala and work permit) from them which I have to take to the embassy for the final visa stamping. The problem is that I have been waiting for the documents for more than a month now and the only answer I get from the hr is that it is under process and will be done soon.

May i know how long it takes for an employer to get the documents attested and arranged? How long did it take for you to get the work visa done? Average timelines will be helpful. For context - i will be moving from Dubai.

There is no correct answer to this as it ALL depends on your employer and their process efficiency as well as whether they have a visa quota for that profession.   When I did it from Bahrain, it was all sorted within 2 days leading to visa stamping within the same week.   Other employers can take months.

Hi XTang,

What happens when I take to long to process the Work Visa for a certain reason ( (sickness during the process for example); shall the company take away the job Offer? or they will keep it until they hear from my last word?

Anyone may assist; I'm talking about Saudi Companies.

Again, this is a VERY generic question.  Every company will respond differently to this.  Some will withdraw the offer while others will consider personal circumstances.  No way to predict.   Just remember that a job offer is not legally binding.

Hi XTang,

I hope they can consider my availability in the future day soon as I overtake the health issues,

Thank you.