How will my foreigner gf convert to Islam?

Hi everyone, I just want to know about “ if we're both gf/bf foreigner  and I'm a Muslim guy but my Gf have no religion So we decided to married here and she need to convert to Islam. So my question is  How to do ? And is it possible to do easy way?

if anybody have experience about that place share with me some information

Hello foysol ahmed90,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that to increase your chances of finding answers from members, I have created a new thread with your post on the Malaysia forum.

I hope someone will assist you soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Foysol,

Here is whats been told to me and we are only talking about Malaysia as it may be quite different than other places (well in fact it is).

To convert, the person has to attend classes for either 6 or 12 months (im not sure which) after which a mosque committee takes up the matter and looks at the aspects of the persons life that applies to Islam -- following all prayers, reading, dress, sincerity, demonstration of living a muslim life, things like this and then they make a decision to allow conversion or not. Malaysia has had a problem with those wishing to convert for marriage but lack sincerity and do not follow Islam later on so they are strict.

Other places are not strict, they basically follow what can be found on google, that conversion happens when the person speaks the words, "There is only one God, Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger" (Shahada). As there is no compulsion in Islam, speaking the words mean nothing without knowledge, sincerity and high willingness to embrace Islam. In any case, the person so converted in a mosque would be given a certificate regarding the conversion and there are no classes or evaluation committees. The Shahada is enough. Quite a difference with Malaysia.

As you are here, if she has made a firm decision my advice is to take her to a mosque and an Imam will discuss and start the process.

@foysol ahmed90

It is very easy to do that in Malaysia i.e. for a foreigner to convert to Islam.  However please note that as a  foreigner you need not make known your religion to anybody except yourself and partner.  If you willing acknowledge your Islamic faith you will be subject to policing by the state like all Muslims in Malaysia.  From what I have heard from many this can be very intimidating.

If I were you I would suggest to my partner to become a Muslim in Singapore and not have her status registered in Malaysia. In this way your documents will not show that you are  Muslim. As far as I know there are no added privileges for a foreigner who becomes a muslim here.  You will not receive any benefits as a Muslim foreigner from a legal point of view. 

If you really love your partner and your partner loves deeply then your religion is immaterial.  Love is more powerful than anything else in this world because God is Love and love is God.

These are my personal views. 

@Robinson Rodriguez

Since both are foreigners, I agree with you that it is easier to get married in Singapore or any other country that allows this between two different religions.

Unfortunately, it's not the same case, if one of the persons are Malaysians, as the marriage would not be recognised in Malaysia then.

@cvco

Thank you so much for your advice

@micern

Thank you so much for your advice

@foysol ahmed90

All I did to convert was visit the Malaysian high comm, declared "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger." Three times and got a nice conversion cert. No courses required. Usually best in home country.

@cvco err all I had to do was say "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger." Three times and done!

Course easily avoided.

@Nemodot hi, may I know the place you converted? Is it in national mosque in kl?