Any of you in Makati ? Up for a beer or two ?

Hello gentleman,

I'll be visiting Manila from Pampanga tomorrow (January 3rd), for 2 days to take care of some business, work related things..

If any of you are presently residing in Makati, please feel free to drop a reply.
Lets have lunch or a beer!

I am often in Manila for a d ay or two every few weeks. So if i happen to miss you, or if our schedules don't line up for this week, certainly i am open for the next time.  Just let me know.

Happy New Years.

I would if I could. Grounded here in the UK (at least as far as Asia is concerned) for two years  :(
Sat in my office at home. Its pissing down with rain outside. We've had the dullest December on record.
I would gladly drive up to London Heathrow and get the next available flight to the Philippines.
So thanks for the invite Kristoph. As our American friends say we shall have to take a 'raincheck'.
That's assuming there will be any bars left to meet at.. Just checked one of my other favourites which is still going - G Point Smorgasbord & bar in Malate but a bit of a hike from Makati. It's probably at present the last Expat hold out in Manila . Clip attached ( assuming it gets past the moderator Police )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heBbv9Z-3Z4

Lotus Eater wrote:

Clip attached ( assuming it gets past the moderator Police )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heBbv9Z-3Z4

Oh for those pre-covid days where a girl could grab your banana without wearing a mask and the worst disease you were going to catch only required a short course of antibiotics.

:lol:

Sucks with all these wonderful spots closing.  See, I had planned my retirement on just spending my days and nights on such places for girl meet-ups.  :D

To KRW, raincheck also for me for now.  It is nice of you to start this thread though.  I'll keep it in mind for when the time comes.

that was awesome.. the banana dance....

Fred wrote:

Oh for those pre-covid days where a girl could grab your banana without wearing a mask and the worst disease you were going to catch only required a short course of antibiotics.

That Girl? May have a banana bigger than yours. What ever you do, Don't eat the fish.

I believe it is sad when a persons life vision is to sit in a bar and be fondled by strange women; it sounds like an unfulfilled teenager. Go have 50 or a 100 one-night stands and at the end tell me what a great time it was. I have had many women from all over the world and it is always the same, as they said in my youth in a gang, "it's all pink inside". The only thing that makes one different from another is caring and loving the person you are with. It's time to become an adult and not a teen. Peace and love to all.

Yes... I can see Al Capone and in PH would have known about the short course of antibiotics..  Sorry Sir! we are out of stock.  :)

Kids Will be Kids... We All grow up sooner or later... Well.... Not all... But Most... 😁😉

Gentleman,  you're welcome !

upon my own recollection, i do in fact feel quite sad for the very few bars and restos i frequented over the past few years...some in Poblacion an Binondo (one of which gave me the opportunity to meet and have a romantic fling with a VERY lovely girl for a few months back 2 years ago).  I have no idea what happened to her. we literally just stopped talking the day lockdown went into effect in 2020.... :(

Anyway, very Glad to meet any of you and hope that the Admins won't mind to keep this thread active and ongoing...I hope that things do certainly ease in the next 6 months, so that those who are no longer able to vist The Phils up until now will finally be able to do so, so then we might be able to make this more of a face to face community just as much a social/digital one.

Cheers.

tpiro wrote:

Yes... I can see Al Capone and in PH would have known about the short course of antibiotics..  Sorry Sir! we are out of stock.  :)

Yes out of counterfeit stock too. Philippines is well know for counterfeit antibiotics available without a prescription.

oh wow... that I didn't know about the counterfeit antibiotics ..  how to tell if they are fake or not?

tpiro wrote:

oh wow... that I didn't know about the counterfeit antibiotics ..  how to tell if they are fake or not?

I read a few reports on this a couple of weeks ago. It seems the Filly pines are the worst in the region for drugs drugs of all types.
As luck has it, it appears the majority is online sales so buy from a known shop. As investigations in Indonesia show, that isn't a guarantee you will get the real thing, but it helps a lot.

https://health.detik.com/berita-detikhe … iur-diskonhttps://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1122378

tpiro wrote:

You have to buy from a legit major pharmacy.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
tpiro wrote:

Yes out of counterfeit stock too. Philippines is well know for counterfeit antibiotics available without a prescription.

EB, you seem like a person who has a lot of not so nice things to say about Pinas.  Why even stay there?    Really curious, not being argumentative.

Michael P. Carter wrote:

I believe it is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious when a persons life vision is to sit in a bar and be fondled by strange women; it sounds like an unfulfilled teenager. Go have 50 or a 100 one-night stands and at the end tell me what a great time it was. I have had many women from all over the world and it is always the same, as they said in my youth in a gang, "it's all pink inside". The only thing that makes one different from another is caring and loving the person you are with. It's time to become an adult and not a teen. Peace and love to all.

Fixt!   :lol:

Good observation. I have my own curiosities. He comes off as wanting to incite disagreement with a certain slight troll-like attitude.

Interesting how caring and loving comes across as troll-like to you, peace and love...

Gardo Fuentes wrote:

EB, you seem like a person who has a lot of not so nice things to say about Pinas.  Why even stay there?    Really curious, not being argumentative.

Hmm, What would you be  referring to when you say I'm a person who has not so nice things to say about Pinas?

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Gardo Fuentes wrote:

Hmm, What would you be  referring to when you say I'm a person who has not so nice things to say about Pinas?

How about this -- why Pinas?

Michael P. Carter wrote:

Interesting how caring and loving comes across as troll-like to you, peace and love...

Troll?  Dang,  MPC.   Lighten up a little.   :D

Sad seeing Burgos area like this.  It's one of my go-to places in between my beach trips.    It's just a stroll away from Mandarin Oriental or 1 short jeepney commute  from my condo in Legazpi Village. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97QmCqSZleM

tpiro wrote:

1. You can't buy antibiotics here in the Philippines without a prescription.

2. No need to worry about purchasing fake or expired antibiotics and other medication if you purchase from major pharmacies such as Mercury Drug and Watsons. (I buy my epilepsy meds from Mercury Drug as Watsons never had it in stock - or at least the branches near me never had.) No worries about fake or expired medication.

3. It is risky to buy medication online from unknown sellers. One can buy prescription online from Mercury Drug. BUT, check first if it is a legit site, as a relative forwarded me a post on FB messenger recently about a Mercury Drug sale. I inspected the link of the post. The logo looked ok, but it had a link with a .tw extension. (Is that Taiwan?) And there were incomplete sentences and too many emojis on the picture. So, I deleted it asap and warned my relative not to click the link.

4. If you frequently order your meds from Mercury Drug, ask the staff if you can place an order via phone and pick it up at a certain time so that you can avoid long lines. (I call in my meds and pick up is quick and easy, as I also have the prescription and exact amount ready.) Make sure you pick it up on time as they can reserve the meds for a few hours only.

Gardo Fuentes wrote:

Sad seeing Burgos area like this.  It's one of my go-to places in between my beach trips.    It's just a stroll away from Mandarin Oriental or 1 short jeepney commute  from my condo in Legazpi Village. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97QmCqSZleM

One of my favourite bars in Poblacion which I can highly recommend is the Alchemy Bistro Bar on Durban st just off Burgos. Good food and a friendly atmosphere with regular salsa evenings and live bands most nights. One of the few bars where you get a regular mix of pinoys + expats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7yU55MRwUY

I love Alchemy Bistro!

hitting it up nearly every weekend - It was my utmost favorite spot in Poblicion for a few years up until the pandemic struck. I know they've been back in business since mid-point of last year following closing for the majority of 2020, but i have not had a chance to go back for a visit as of yet., sadly.

Their food was fantastic and their live dj up on the second floor provided a great vibe. 

i hope they haven't changed their menu. Will definitely need to plan to go back soon!

Ah yes Poblacion.

Why spend $169M for a condo in Billionaire's Row in Manhattan when you can experience the same for a fraction of the cost in Poblacion.

Billionaire's Row:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wehsz38P74g

Poblacion's  Condo View:  [img]https://i.imgur.com/FbPtJQf.jpg[/img]