Mix & Match Vaccines?

My first vac was Sinovac. I understand the other vacs have been available  by luck for some people.

My son tells me I have to get the Sinovac as my second vac. I would like to have some other vac, has anyone been successful in getting a different vac after their Sinovac?

It general some countries don't have a high opinion of Sinovac.

Sinovac was not a good choice. Receive mRna vaccines. Not J&J either. Pfizer or moderna is by far best choice.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

My first vac was Sinovac. I understand the other vacs have been available  by luck for some people.

My son tells me I have to get the Sinovac as my second vac. I would like to have some other vac, has anyone been successful in getting a different vac after their Sinovac?

It general some countries don't have a high opinion of Sinovac.

I too have had Sinovac, both doses a while back now. I would have preferred a vaccine which was developed in the west, but being a foreigner here in Philippines (and viewed as the lowest form of life by PH government) I guess beggars can't be choosers hahaha.

That's a no no.  The only currently approved vaccine for booster use is Pfizer with Moderna and John & Johnson close behind.   Mixing and matching has not been studied and is not recommended by the FDA or CDC.  If you don't believe me just google their sites.

I had two doses of Sinovac (last one Dec) went back to us got a moderna in May and aug 3 got Pfizer. No issues. Of course I'm not in PI yet.

In the US the government tracks which vaccines you have had.  They will not legally mix and match vaccines if you have given truthful information.  I guess one can do anything they want to do with their health in desperate enough.   According to Director of the World Health Organization:   “Based on the basic principles of how vaccines work, we do think that the mix-and-match regimens are going to work."

I set up a childhood immunization program for the entire State of California but I can't express my opinion here. Do your homework on mRNA "vaccines"

The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are currently the most efficacious, but ANY vaccine is better than none. They all help prevent serious disease and hospitalizations, even Sinovac, as Bob learned. Bob, I read that a third dose of Sinovac strongly boosts the antibody response, but it would still be early for you if you have had both shots.

https://www.reuters.com/business/health … 021-07-26/

I believe I read that if you mix and match it is best to stay with the "technology" of your first shot, but I need to research it again. However I read that even China is now looking at mRNA technology from Biontech since their bet on the inactivated virus approach (Sinovac) is not panning out, as it fades quickly after 6 months.

https://fortune.com/2021/07/16/china-mr … sun-doses/

FindlayMacD wrote:

I too have had Sinovac, both doses a while back now. I would have preferred a vaccine which was developed in the west, but being a foreigner here in Philippines (and viewed as the lowest form of life by PH government) I guess beggars can't be choosers hahaha.

It's not because you are a foreigner that you were given Sinovac. I've read on this forum that some of you got AstraZeneca. My husband and I, both American citizens got AstraZeneca, and I know of a foreigner in Caloocan City who got Pfizer.

I feel that if one resides here in the Philippines,  whether that person is a local or a foreigner, he / she is a beggar when it comes to receiving the vaccine. A lot of people want to get vaccinated, but they can't because there's very few or none available. In some cities, one has to register online to get scheduled for vaccination. No walk-ins.

A few weeks ago, chaos ensued at Araneta Center vaccination center when 7,000 people, who were not scheduled, lined up due to fake news that said that walk-ins were allowed to get vaccinated. In the US, I've heard that one can walk in to an authorized pharmacy to get the vaccine. No long lines. And those who are unvaccinated are those who choose not to, and not because the vaccine is unavailable.

Beggars can't be choosers.  Sometimes you get tossed leftover fast food. Rare times you get a leftover prime ribeye steak. You get what you're given. Just be thankful.

Perhaps, start a petition to your own country to donate more vaccines to the Philippines. But, good luck with that. Western countries are thinking of administering a third dose to their citizens and residents.

Just my two cents.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

It's not because you are a foreigner that you were given Sinovac. I've read on this forum that some of you got AstraZeneca.

My husband and I, both American citizens got AstraZeneca, and I know of a foreigner in Caloocan City who got Pfizer.

Beggars can't be choosers.  Sometimes you get tossed leftover fast food. Rare times you get a leftover prime ribeye steak. You get what you're given. Just be thankful.

Our housekeeper received the AstraZeneca vaccine yesterday. Her paperwork was filled out online by my stepson. I believe it was only a week before she was notified.

A sidebar
Originally she went on a private van 3,000 php to the provinces to get her paperwork for her vaccination. Then the stricter guidelines came into effect, leaving her stranded. When the guideline was lifted another 3,000 php to return.

I'm begging for a Prime Bone In Ribeye Steak, medium rare please.

aalottjr wrote:

I had two doses of Sinovac (last one Dec) went back to us got a moderna in May and aug 3 got Pfizer. No issues. Of course I'm not in PI yet.

This is probably a valid case of 'more is better'.
Now the US has a booster vaccine available.
I'd likely get the booster.

Still awaiting my very own 1st jab (already registered online) If only they were made readily available  in our deprived 3rd class province.
Meantime still taking my raw cloves of garlic + s-exercising regularly.
We still had our regular expat/fmly get together on Friday night (dancing/smoking/karokeying night with the usual music activated laser lighting).

:|

My wife and I received Moderna, my lovely MIL had Sputnik and other family members have Pfizer.  All of us are registered in the same barangay and were vaccinated at the same location on different dates over the course of three months.

The Covid drugs are not really vaccines.  My doctor has advised me to take NO vaccine or drug with a spike protein in it.  It is better to wait for  the real vaccines to come out...and they will come.

Glen Adkins wrote:

The Covid drugs are not really vaccines.  My doctor has advised me to take NO vaccine or drug with a spike protein in it.  It is better to wait for  the real vaccines to come out...and they will come.

I guess your Doctor has not been vaccinated, I hope he has informed his patients that he is not vaccinated.

What he says might be true, but the advice he gives to wait makes me question his judgement.

[moderated: mis-information]

Get a second opinion.

Enough with sharing nonsense. Acording to a researched article in Forbes yesterday, 100,000 people are in US hospitals with Covid, over 1000 are dying a day. Avoidable because 98% of the people in hospitals are unvaccinated. Are you vaccinated ‘yes' or ‘no' nobody is lying about it once they are that sick. Serious Covid in the US has become the disease of the unvaccinated. The highest unvaccinated by groups are evangelicals, then republicans, then young people (18-30). I'm vaccinated Moderna double shot since March.

Michaelm54 wrote:

I'm vaccinated Moderna double shot since March.

My wife and I had Sinovac months ago, we would like our second shot but Sinovac is not available. The better reputation vac's are available.

In some US states they will pay you to get vaccinated.

What's your opinion of Sinovac? I'm hearing of many people in our rural community there, that are afraid of it killing people. There's so much stupid disinformation here like that about Pfizer and moderna I'm just not sure if Sinovac is like that.

Hello,

I cannot tell you if mixed vaccination is advisable or not. Some few countries seems to accept it, but most others are not. I personally would go for Sinovac for the second shot and later have another vaccine as a booster shot.
However, if you need to travel to Europe or the US, then Sinovac should not be your first choice. If you  want to know which country accepts which vaccine, you can use the following website:
https://visaguide.world/news/vaccine-ch … or-travel/

Good luck,

Tom

Research what the inventor of mRNA has to say. Pretty sure his name is Dr. Robert Malone. Needless to say don't use Google.

Michaelm54 wrote:

What's your opinion of Sinovac? I'm hearing of many people in our rural community there, that are afraid of it killing people. There's so much stupid disinformation here like that about Pfizer and moderna I'm just not sure if Sinovac is like that.

Disinformation is worse than no information. Newspaper reporters don't report news, they invent the news. You mix facts and rumors and what do you get?

I had Sinovac, I don't like Sinovac only because I don't like China. I like their cheap prices for me but not for you. (Not meaning the Original Poster)

Now for my personal take on Sinovac, both my wife & myself developed Covid after receiving the vaccine but there was outside events not related to the vaccine which may have been the root of our infection. So did Sinovac cause our Covid or did Sinovac save us from a more serious case of Covid?

So now the news or disinformation is telling us all or most of the other vaccines have had Covid cases after people being vaccinated.

So everyone has to make their own choice: Sinovac, Pfizer, Sputnik, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Ben & Jerry's or no Vac.

To make the choice easier in the Philippines, we should have an abundant supply of each and give 1,000 php to everyone who gets the vaccination of their choice.

What I do know is that the micro brain inside that Covid cell is more intelligent than all medical people & government officials who tell us what to do.

Regarding Covid, Will the human race be playing whack-a-mole for their lifetime?

I've seen that mixing & matching vaccines is strongly promoted as a bad idea. I am not a Dr, but it seems each vaccine has a slightly different target, thus mixing could be dangerous.

Yes, Sinovac is not recognized by a lot of governments. Yet I have yet to see how to work around that issue.

I had two close friends die of COVID. They were awake and alert and could not breathe. It's not a particularly nice way to die.

My GF in Thailand just got a second show which was a different one than the first.  So it is happening.

AaronAardvark wrote:

My GF in Thailand just got a second show which was a different one than the first.  So it is happening.

Interesting . . . .With various protocol coming and going resulting in a lot of confusion. Here in the Philippines for the first jab people have no choice and didn't  find out what their vaccine was until they got jabbed.

The worst part of it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in the
Philippines. For example you get the Sinovac for the first jab, but Sinovac is not available for the second jab.

Somewhere else in the Philippines maybe you get the Pfizer for the first jab, then maybe Pfizer is not  available for your second jab.

The first priority is for the Government to get all their ducks aligned in a row. Some organization would go a long way in fighting Covid instead of prolonging it.

By the time my second jab becomes available my first jab viability will certainly be diminished if not useless. So some useful studies should be available about mixing & matching.

I feel a little more confident because I've had the first jab and also I've had Covid, so I'm certainly better off than someone who had the first jab and is left hanging in the wind waiting for their original vaccine to be available again.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
AaronAardvark wrote:

Interesting . . . .With various protocol coming and going resulting in a lot of confusion. Here in the Philippines for the first jab people have no choice and didn't  find out what their vaccine was until they got jabbed.

The worst part of it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in the
Philippines. For example you get the Sinovac for the first jab, but Sinovac is not available for the second jab.

Somewhere else in the Philippines maybe you get the Pfizer for the first jab, then maybe Pfizer is not  available for your second jab.

The first priority is for the Government to get all their ducks aligned in a row. Some organization would go a long way in fighting Covid instead of prolonging it.

By the time my second jab becomes available my first jab viability will certainly be diminished if not useless. So some useful studies should be available about mixing & matching.

I feel a little more confident because I've had the first jab and also I've had Covid, so I'm certainly better off than someone who had the first jab and is left hanging in the wind waiting for their original vaccine to be available again.

Why would you allow yourself to be subjected to EXPERIMENTAL mRNA if you have already had covid? Makes no sense when you already have natural immunity.

Same reason you get a flu shot every year even though you had the flu once.

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Why would you allow yourself to be subjected to EXPERIMENTAL mRNA if you have already had covid? Makes no sense when you already have natural immunity.

Let me put that into perspective. . . . .I had the Sinovac vaccine and then later I caught Covid.

Not visa versa

I have already been subjected to the first shot, then subjected to Covid, so with the a second shot what would I be subjected to? It seems we may have to have a third shot, maybe a lifetime of shots, who knows?

I would have my second Sinovac if it was available. It certainly would help if all the vaccines were compatible.

The  proper paper with the second shot could be helpful in avoiding future restrictions which might be enacted and be enforced.

Now I don't know the difference between the various vaccines and probably less than 2% know the difference either.

It seems now in the first world countries, many people who are in opposition of the vaccines are not actually in opposition, but reject the idea of the government telling them what to do.

People would like to make an informative decision, but how can they when the experts have flipped flopped so many times? and then a mandate comes down from a government that relies on those very flip floppers.

Any brand of vaccine is available if you know the right person, relatives, good friends, workers in the vaccination center, I know of some who received Phizer and j&j most want the J&J because of one shot,  I was offered the Phizer vaccine from a friend who's sister works in the vaccination center, my wife also by another friend of the Barangy capt, anything is possible in the Philippines

Phizer will be for sale in about 6 months, they are counting on people wanting a booster will buy it along with those who don't want the others

I agree I have taken both shots of Pfizer.   I would stay away from  Sinovac. I know 4 separate people that died from taking this vaccine.

Hi how can I refer people to take  Pfizer or moderna ? Thanks

Enzyte Bob wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Let me put that into perspective. . . . .I had the Sinovac vaccine and then later I caught Covid.

Not visa versa

I have already been subjected to the first shot, then subjected to Covid, so with the a second shot what would I be subjected to? It seems we may have to have a third shot, maybe a lifetime of shots, who knows?

I would have my second Sinovac if it was available. It certainly would help if all the vaccines were compatible.

The  proper paper with the second shot could be helpful in avoiding future restrictions which might be enacted and be enforced.

Now I don't know the difference between the various vaccines and probably less than 2% know the difference either.

It seems now in the first world countries, many people who are in opposition of the vaccines are not actually in opposition, but reject the idea of the government telling them what to do.

People would like to make an informative decision, but how can they when the experts have flipped flopped so many times? and then a mandate comes down from a government that relies on those very flip floppers.

Please refer to my notes in your other thread. Do your homework. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.