My friend and I are thinking about moving there.

My concern is that we want to be out of the hurricane zone but Aruba is so arid . With no rain or fresh water rivers, what is the water source? is it ground water or brought in by freight?
I want to plant a mango tree , a couple of banana trees, a lemon tree, flowers and plumeria trees.
Is the monthly water bill very expensive?
Thanks
Kindly,
Valerie

@mobilespatraveller

Hey Valerie.....The Aruba water supply is desalinated sea water.  The Balashi plant is the water treatment company.  Extremely good tasting water. No need for bottled water.  They also make the local beer (Balashi) with this water.  As far as cost, I am not an expert, but I have heard it is high.  I am in a condo and only use it sparingly so I could not guide you as to pricing.

Tony
@mobilespatraveller hope all is well

utilities inlcuding water are very very high and just went up about 30 percent thanks

@mobilespatraveller drinking water is great all comes from the ocean

@Aruba Tony
Hi Tony,
I am interested in connecting with expats (American and others) as well as locals for information and to make friends while in Aruba while I am there in September. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
Susan P
Hi all!
I am interested in connecting with expats (American and others) as well as locals for information and to make friends while in Aruba while I am there in September. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
Susan P

@Susan67 Hi there, we are leaving on Sep 5 unfortunately, coming back in December.

Regards,

Ioana

@mobilespatraveller Hi Valerie, I've been here 5 months, but mostly solo and no garden this year. I'm running at 29 florin a month with the pool full at 112. Electric on the other hand runs approx 140 bus being conservative. 935 sq ft residence

@mobilespatraveller been in the house since September, no garden yet mostly solo. Water has been 20 florin per month, electric being conservative has been 250 florin monthly.