New members of the Sri Lanka forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sri Lanka forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sri Lanka if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thanks ! Am living in srilanka at the moment. But l prefer working in Italy and am seeking an opportunity for domestic work care giving also any farm work interested. As a volunteer l even like to work there IF the employer would arrange me visa and accommodation and food. I also consider to accompany my son with me  11years old.

Hi, I am moving to Sri Lanka next week from Russia via a month  in the UAE. Looking forward to being there and after my week in a hotel doing my quarantine I will be moving to Galle for my first month.

Hi all,

My bad,  Sorry guys.

This is Hanaa from Sri Lanka. I do not have idea to move to Switzerland. The reason of joining u here is to make my educational project in better manner. I wanna know and speak to the people there that's all.

Thanks Julien and all

Wow, that's GREAT.. :heart:

Hey, Happy to have a friend here. :)

great

Hi all, we are moving from Cape Town to Colombo in September and would like to connect with other SAFFAS.  This will be our second expat contract, the first one being to India.

Looking forward to connect.

Arno and Cyndie Matthee.

Welcome to Srilanka.

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the invitation to introduce myself as a ‘Newbee' in Sri Lanka.

Following years of being a Horticultural globetrotter, Dutch and 61 yrs young and still dynamic, I landed 3 weeks ago in Sri Lanka. Doing well despite the current lockdown.
I left Myanmar in April closing our business following the military coup and left for Nairobi in Kenya. I stayed 3 months exploring the opportunities in Kenya and got my two Covid shots.
I will stay in Sri Lanka until end of the year and then I'll decide where to start a new business all over.
Hope you are all doing well and look forward to connect to positive likeminded people 👋👍

Take care and we'll keep in touch 👋😀😷💪🏼

Joop Vegter

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello guys,

I am Brazilian Canadian, leaving in Kandy area for the next 2-3 years, working in a Project and excited to explore the Country.
I like surfing, sailing, waterfalls, wine and live music.
Wondering if there is any bar in Kandy Area where one can find diverse cultural peoples to mingle.

Feel free to txt or directly call

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security

Hey Hanna,
I have just arrived in Sri Lanka a few weeks ago.
Glad to meet and talk about diverse cultures.
What is your educational plans?
I am at Kandy area with eventual traveling around looking for good waves.
I love beaches, surfing, sailing, waterfalls.

Flavio Sica

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi there, we live neat Kandy, when lockdown is over you should go to a great bar/cafe called Slightly Chilled for a good scene good food, music and interesting people.

Great Jungle folks!
On 2nd maybe...
I been locked all over since March last year... fed up.

Cheers

Hi
My name is Pam and I first discovered Sri Lanka about 5 years ago.  Since then I have been visiting the country every year (except 2021).  I stay about three months, based in Negombo and touring a little.  I'm a single, 'older' woman who loves meeting new people , enjoys the sunshine, food and good conversation.

I love the place and have booked to return in a few weeks time until March.  I am looking at meeting and making new friends, expats and locals.  Please get in touch if you would like to meet up.

Hi
Please let me know if you will still be in Sri Lanka in January.  I am due to arrive on 10th Jan for 2 months.  I am a single, 'older' woman looking to make new friends (not romantically unless it just happens).  Pam

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969417

Thanks!

Closed