Schedule v form

Hi guys,
Does anyone know about the schedule V form and receiving free medication for UK pensioners please?
I know you have to get an appt with a Doctor at Mater Dei but then what happens.
Thanks in advance,
Leigh.

Gooner75 wrote:

Hi guys,
Does anyone know about the schedule V form and receiving free medication for UK pensioners please?
I know you have to get an appt with a Doctor at Mater Dei but then what happens.
Thanks in advance,
Leigh.

Never heard of a V form, I get free medication through POYC (pharmacy of your choice] , you need to see your GP as he can arrange this.  Are you actually living here now?  As after this year it may be different for new UK residents because of Brexit.

Yes my parents who are pensioners live here. They've been given poyc forms too. Hopefully it will all sort itself out.

Do you have to register with your S1 form first? I'm asking as I moved to Malta last week from the UK and am trying to find out what I need to do. I have a print out from my Dr in the UK detailing my medical history and medication that I'm prescribed.

AdrianTrew wrote:

Do you have to register with your S1 form first? I'm asking as I moved to Malta last week from the UK and am trying to find out what I need to do. I have a print out from my Dr in the UK detailing my medical history and medication that I'm prescribed.

We brought medical records with us and no one was interested in them.
When we did our S1 registration for health care, (which you will need for residency), the UK sent us 2 copies of the paperwork which we took to the health authorities here, they keep one and return the other to UK for confirmation. When confirmation received back from UK they will then issue your 'Certificate of Health Entitlement'
Free medication is only available for certain conditions and is done through a doctor, normally visited privately and paid for yourself at a cost of around €10 to €15 per visit, using the 'Pharmacy Of Your Choice' scheme.

Hi Foxglove,

I've got my Certificate of Entitlement and registered with Mosta Health Centre. When I registered, I also saw a Dr there who listed my medication and gave me 2 referral forms to make appointments at Mater Dei. I could not get through to the hospital by phone, so have sent them an email explaining that I need to make appointments, giving them my full details, name, address, dob etc. As I don't know my way around the Maltese Healthcare system, was this the correct action for me to take?

Kindest regards,
Adrian

PS. The Dr at Mosta Health Centre also gave me a POYC form to take to Mater Dei.

My advice Adrian
Go there in person , emails never get answered, arrive early, & be prepared to be there a long time.
I've done it myself.
Good luck.

Please check out my reply to 'Medication', the schedule V is the yellow card for free medication.

CANCERSURVIVOR wrote:

Please check out my reply to 'Medication', the schedule V is the yellow card for free medication.

I didn't know that, as it is the yellow card is a sheet of paper!