Hello!

Hello from Oklahoma in the United States! My husband and I are heavily considering relocating to Costa Rica in near future. We are still exploring the country, but Samara seems to have captured our hearts. I currently sell real estate and co-own an event planning business and my husband is a professional musician. I look forward to getting acquainted with you all here!

We are in our late thirties and do not have children. My husband would still travel back to the states for work, when necessary, but I would likely be diving into a new line of work in Samara. I would love to hear about others' experiences in relocating to Samara and what you think of the lifestyle. Thank you in advance!

I would suggest, if you haven't already looked at the residency requirements for living in Costa Rica that you do so, before making any decisions.  Most importantly, is that you realize that you cannot work, legally, here, until a Permanent resident which can take 4-5 years from your initial application.

Samara and Carrillo, not too crazy about those towns, although Carrillo beach is nicer than Samara. If you are not going to be hired as an employee, I am sure you can do any kind of freelance work, the thing is the amount of time you get you to stay, three months. After that, you have to run to the other side of the border and back for another 90 days. Many expats do that, a hassle in a way, but it is done.