Best places to hang around in New Delhi, India - Post 3

Hey guys and gals ... hope you are doing fine ... the heat is too much but the best of it hasnt yet knocked our doors.. Delhi would get few showers in between but the heat would persist till Sep-Oct..
Ok so coming back to the point - first FOOD

Well have you yet tried mangoes ? Depending on the region in India you would be flooded with those set of  mangoes in market so if you are in mumbai it would be Alphonso , if you are in Delhi it would be Sindoori  (derives its name from Sindoor , which is the red dot Indian women wear on their fore head) , Dasheri and Lengda ...
Keshari and Safeda mangoes are grown in South ( AP ) and Malda ( East )

Apart from this you would come across dishes made out of mangoes.. try the Aaam Raas ( mango pulp juice) at Nathus or Fresh Mango icecream at Giani in NFC

coming back to wholesome food ..I found the Paratha ( Indian style stuffed bread) next to Moolchand  metro quite yummy .. the bread is made from dough which is stuffed with cabbage or potato or onions or vegetables of your choice and then baked in ovens, and they serve this with a curry ...simply mouth watering.. be sure to carry your own water bottles it would be bit spicy

There is a japanese resturant - Nomura in GK and they have excellent meal boxes. very authentic style of cooking, and good to sit and eat too

If you love afghani food , you should hit to Jama Masjid area .. Jama Masjid by the way is the main mosque in Delhi and around 500 years old majestic structure made of marble and red sand stone built by same love stung emperor who spent an astonishing amount, to build Taj Mahal ... He should have invested in setting up more food joints :)

If you are looking for less spicy , close to homely Indian food , try out the Bhavans ... they are near to Khan market / CP...

I talk about Delhi, others place i dont know so i cant judge.

Here till now i been so very disappoint, of quality of the food i tried in many european and indian restaurant. the fresh quality of the ingredients taste very poor and blend, here they are habit to cook much fried with poor quality of frying oil, i dont wanna mention which place i been cause i dont like to put down those business, but really those place dont deserve to be mentioneted as good restaurant, and im talking a very famous and popular restaurant here in Delhi.

Cook is a art, not just only cook, is not enough put ingredients in a pan, you must know how to match the flavours, you must get the quintessence when u start to eat, and here im sorry, but Delhi, is still behind , and need to do a lot of improvement job about cuisine.

I tried over 10 of the best restaurant of the city , that were been raccomended from some indian local friend, so i can say just only a few dishes passed my personal test, others just a rubbish !!

About fruits? very funny, even here no taste, very blend, like mango, cantalupe, pinapple, lichee, watermelon and so on so on....

I meet so many peoples here till now, that they dont know what doesnt mean eat a real food in real experience cuisine.

One more disappoint about desserts, almost every restaurant they do the same style, with the same rubbish quality.

Giotto

Well Giotto .. have you ever heard of the phrase " one man's meat is other man's poison" ? the culinary delicacies thatz prevalent in Europe are blank here... did Europeans ever use spices in their food ? Question is a big NO .. were they really aware of preparing food which didnt use meat / flesh of animals ? Well again a bigger NO .. and fruits ? to me mango is better than an apple and my taste buds would fail to accept Apple or Figs better than it any day.. that doesnt mean i would rubbish an APPLE.

india long before Europe opened up to other parts of world , opened up to cultures and accepted their styles of culture and food.. i am sure you dont have a stature to comment on the food styles which are ages old.. preparing food has not only been a full time profession but a belief , passed from father to son , and so on ...

Really sorry for the elements which make you ... and if some day you want to know more.. ready to open up to learn ... to assimilate new things... you are welcome....

Very funny your last post,eheheheheh.

yes im sure you need to learn more about culinary art ;-)

Good luck :)

:)  Giotto .. yeah I am always learning and would continue to do that on and on .. but taste is such a subjective thing ...