Launching a lounge bar...need inputs.....please help

hey guys...

i guess this is the right spot to ask for opinion from all of you...see, i'm heading corporate sales for a hospitality company and my office is at hauz khas...Now, our company is launching a hi-end lounge bar at connaught place and we are keeping it a multi-cuisine...the interior is amazing and the place has an open area too...music would certainly be fantabulous...being a sales ead for the company, i need to promote that place as well...So, please give me your inputs on what would you like to be there at the lounge or part of services to make it more and more atractive for you guys ??? we gonna keep an expat night at least once a week....waiting for inputs :)

Aamit

LADIES NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alliecat wrote:

C'mon don't take KSA Culture with you to India !! :P BTW, aren't you fed up of ladies only..... :lol:

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

C'mon don't take KSA Culture with you to India !! :P BTW, aren't you fed up of ladies only..... :lol:

you goof-ball!

:D:D:D

in the *western* world, 'Ladie's Night' means no cover charge for women and 1/2 priced drinks all night!

hi everyone...

Sure there would be ladies night, but ladies night doesn't really need promotion. No offence meant, but women somewhat come to know about ladies night and they be there anyhow...and ofcourse, men follow....I'm talking about things beyond ladies night...things which can promote "Expat night" ... i really wanna do it there...

Hmmm.. well since you already knew about 'ladies night' but didn't mention that you already knew, I am hesitant to make any more suggestions you might already know about :P

And I DO have a few ideas (used to work in PR/Marketing) ... :P

hi.....Alliecat, do share some wisdom...really need some idea...but yes, knowing bout ladies night is something that u can expect from anyone...so, what else would attract ???? we've given it a safari theme,,,

Aamit wrote:

hi.....Alliecat, do share some wisdom...really need some idea...but yes, knowing bout ladies night is something that u can expect from anyone...so, what else would attract ???? we've given it a safari theme,,,

Okay, here's what you do.  Once or twice a month, you bring in a dance instructor.  Early-ish, an hour or so before your place usually gets jumping, and you offer free lessons in .. say .. salsa.  Then that night you play a lot of salsa music so the people can practice!

Another night could be 'tango.' 

Etc. Etc.

wow, now that sounds a goog gig....cheers

but hey, whats with you?? u always keep online here ??? and whats ur name btw??? if i may ask...

Aamit wrote:

wow, now that sounds a goog gig....cheers

but hey, whats with you?? u always keep online here ??? and whats ur name btw??? if i may ask...

I'm at work .. but I get a sound when I get an email.  I always need to check to see if it's important--this isn't important but it's good to take little breaks from time to time :)

awesome....i liked your emphasis on "this isn't important"... :P so? whats your work like ?? and if you don't mind sharing your name,,,calling you with your id is kinda donno-what..

this is actually pretty genius

Alliecat wrote:

Okay, here's what you do.  Once or twice a month, you bring in a dance instructor.  Early-ish, an hour or so before your place usually gets jumping, and you offer free lessons in .. say .. salsa.  Then that night you play a lot of salsa music so the people can practice!

Another night could be 'tango.' 

Etc. Etc.

hi HPG,

for sure it is a good idea...Alliecat is one of our brain genius type...i'm already working on to getting her impanelled with our indian government advisory board :P:))

Hi Aamit,

what type of lounge you opening up ? what will be the capacity like ?

promote the expat nights as in free drinks for ladies and guys for 699 or 799 INR. depends if it actually suits you guys what type of music you planning of ? call some good artiste's who can pull in some people or celebrate some country's or city's day example russia,europe,croatia,kenya,belgium,New York. give them exciting offers on your menu so the footfall increases.. let me know if you require any more suggestions.

Regards :)

Aamit, I think it is a great idea and it will be a successfull business.

I think you should stick with fewer options as far as cuisine is concerned but very good dishes - so instead of having say 90 dishes from 5 cuisines then having fewer so it is more simple and people will remember some of the dishes you specialize in.

Try to have a bit of an Indian theme, such as sitar music or something - cant exactly put it into words but it will be nice for foreigners too.

Allthough it is a lounge bar - try to have as few meat dishes as possible and dont encourage people to drink too much - try to add in healthier alternatives such as soya-meat instead of real meat, some great coffees etc...

Hey Guys....finally we are in market with our all new lounge...hope to catch ya guys sometime soon...lemme know wheneva anyone of you plans a visit. I'll make sure that my Expat-blog friends get special discounts there :)

Cheers

Aamit Sethi

hi aamit, pls share ur number

tx

yogesh

hi Mr Bali,

my number is 97114-80010

See ya soon

Aamit

Aamit, is your place opened yet?  What area of the city?

Alliecat wrote:

Aamit, is your place opened yet?  What area of the city?

check out www.sarvamsafari.com

Aamit

thats a really great idea, hoping in some months i may drop in. :)