Bank account

How can I open a bank account before I move without being there in person?

As far as I know, you can't.
Good article can be seen here
There has been some changes, in that you can open a basic account after arrival, but there will be limitations  of the amount to be deposited, within a set period which may be vary at individual banks.

So far I am not finding a way, but I do own a place there, so there should be a way??? Thank you for your response

Once you return, you shouldn't encounter any problems to open an account, but will find out, I expect, that you can only transfer electronically funds between branches of your chosen bank while still a 'tourist' or at least until you apply for residency. Make sure to open an account with a bank that is actually in your 'neighborhood.'

Thank you

I don't believe there is any way to do it. BCR gives you the ability to start the process of opening the account, but you have to be here in person to complete it.

If you need to pay people here from United States or some other country you can try doing it with PayPal or if you know another American here, you can send them the money to an American Bank and then they can pay the person for you with cash or whatever. PayPal charges a lot here for the service, but it's better than nothing.

Deleted double post.

Thank you