Border Run From Hoi An or Da Nang

Wife and I planning retirement in Hoi An or Da Nang area.
Both immigrants to U.S. (Philippines and N. Europe respectively) and are both U.S. citizens traveling on U.S. passports.
We understand (and looking forward to) a border run every 90 days for reentry VISA.
Does anyone know closest place (Laos-?) where reentry VISA can be facilitated from Hoi An or Da Nang?
We are planning some of the Border Runs to familiar places, i.e. Bangkok, Ching Mai, Manila, Cebu, Hiroshima, Seoul but also looking for relatively easy runs to Laos and Cambodia.
We are very excited to finally visit and live in Vietnam after dreaming about it for years.
Thanks!   :)

Hi,
2 options
   Lao Bao .... check on the expat forum
             You need a Visa on arrival for Lao Bao, around 15$.... transport to the border ( possibility with van from Da Nang , around 1000000 Dong   or your own transport motorbike, bus ). At the border you pay 37$ for Lao visa and 27 $ for Vietnam visa
   Bo Y ..... 15$ for the paper. Transport with van ,departing from Hoi An, around 500000 Dong  or your own transport. Same price for your Lao and Vietnam visa as at Lao Bao .
Eddy

mojack wrote:

Wife and I planning retirement in Hoi An or Da Nang area.
Both immigrants to U.S. (Philippines and N. Europe respectively) and are both U.S. citizens traveling on U.S. passports.
We understand (and looking forward to) a border run every 90 days for reentry VISA.
Does anyone know closest place (Laos-?) where reentry VISA can be facilitated from Hoi An or Da Nang?
We are planning some of the Border Runs to familiar places, i.e. Bangkok, Ching Mai, Manila, Cebu, Hiroshima, Seoul but also looking for relatively easy runs to Laos and Cambodia.
We are very excited to finally visit and live in Vietnam after dreaming about it for years.
Thanks!   :)

If you can each get a sponsoring business, you can qualify for 1 year business visas for US citizens through the Vietnamese Embassy.

Alternatively, you can talk to a trustworthy Visa on Arrival agent and see if they will arrange a sponsor for you.

Then, as long as you don't make the mistake of working, you get to stay a year at a time without border runs.