Wanting to see another dentist while currently seeing one

Good day,

Currently having an implant done by dentist A in Ortigas, she's topnotch but her services is pricey, more than double that of the well-known ones in Makati. I've spent close to Php 250k already just for implant and bone grafts alone, and the result is not to my liking.

My implant crown is pending, but the post is already screwed on the bone and since this was previously a bridge, she was expecting to do the other 2 crowns as well (both teeth beside the implant). Aside from expecting to these 3 teeth, she has suggested to do others as well beside these 3, totaling to 6 teeth. But the price per tooth is more than double compared to other clinics. One crown from her costs close to 40k.

I'm thinking of having the 5 crowns (except the crown for implant) done by another dentist in Makati, but I don't want to burn bridges with her or upset her.

Do you think this is a good idea? I'm trying to save to have my other teeth issues fixed.

Thanks

I'd suggest you fly to phuket or Bangkok..look for smile dentists on Google.
Much cheaper..much better..more knowledge in dentistry.
After having work done on my teeth..(complete F up) and thats from a experienced dentist she even gives talks on dentistry and sits on a board..they have no idea on the basics it's money..ohh and when it came time to pay her for her service..she could not except a visa card for payment even that i did tell her from start i would pay this way..but she did want me to buy her things at Robinson's to the same price of my treatment.. complete waste of time to have work done in Philippines..get to Thailand my friend cebu pacific have cheap flights and you can book cheap hotels close to any smile dentistry
🙄

I realize this is an old thread, but it's a good topic. I get my teeth cleaned here in Cebu but for any serious work will go to Thailand. I had a gold crown put on in Chiang Mai a couple of years ago and the work was excellent, and 1/3 the US price.. No problems since. They are really good there and the dentist office looks just like in the US - clean and modern.

I had dental work done in HCM City (still Saigon to me), very good, very very modern and cheap. 6 visits, one root canal, 2 crowns and 6 fillings came to about A$2000.  Saved A$2-3k even taking into account flights and accommodation.
regards  Bruce

I had 2 crowns done in Australia 12 years ago that cost $ 2,500.00.
I had 2 crowns done and teeth clean in Ph  3 years ago cost was PHP 20K so 500 bucks.

Small town dentist in SFC La Union, very professional and no problems 3 years later.

Cheers, Steve.

Had a nagging  toothache about a month ago.Went to a dental clinic  in SM mall in Cagayan de Oro where i live.  . Was told by 2 different dentists their  i had a fractured tooth and another cracked tooth that needed to be extracted  and needed to replace my bridge.  Cost, 52,500 php's about 1,000 dls. Went across the street from the mall to another clinic to get a 2nd opinion. With out taking an x ray, dentist told me  i needed a root canal and needed to replace my bridge. Cost, 35,000 php's or about 700 dls. Still not satisfied Googled top dentists in CDO. Went to a 5 star Google  rated dental clinic near to where i live.  Upon examination, dentist told me i had a gum  infection and cavity in another tooth. She surgically removed the infection in the gum, sewed it up, fixed the cavity in the other tooth and  gave me a prescription for an  antibiotic. Total cost  4,150 phps. about 82.00 dls. Everything is healed and i am doing fine now. When i told the last dentist who did the work  what the other 3 dentists recommended she was shocked that they would want to remove 2  healthy teeth that did not need being removed.  I thank God that i found an ethical , knowledgeable dentist that put a quality care before profit. Always get a 2nd, 3rd. and in my case a 4th opinion be it a dentist or doctor.

scott1953 wrote:

Had a nagging  toothache about a month ago.Went to a dental clinic  in SM mall in Cagayan de Oro where i live.  . Was told by 2 different dentists their  i had a fractured tooth and another cracked tooth that needed to be extracted  and needed to replace my bridge.  Cost, 52,500 php's about 1,000 dls. Went across the street from the mall to another clinic to get a 2nd opinion. With out taking an x ray, dentist told me  i needed a root canal and needed to replace my bridge. Cost, 35,000 php's or about 700 dls. Still not satisfied Googled top dentists in CDO. Went to a 5 star Google  rated dental clinic near to where i live.  Upon examination, dentist told me i had a gum  infection and cavity in another tooth. She surgically removed the infection in the gum, sewed it up, fixed the cavity in the other tooth and  gave me a prescription for an  antibiotic. Total cost  4,150 phps. about 82.00 dls. Everything is healed and i am doing fine now. When i told the last dentist who did the work  what the other 3 dentists recommended she was shocked that they would want to remove 2  healthy teeth that did not need being removed.  I thank God that i found an ethical , knowledgeable dentist that put a quality care before profit. Always get a 2nd, 3rd. and in my case a 4th opinion be it a dentist or doctor.

Forgot to mention, still have the same bridge. Dentist said their is nothing wrong with the bridge i already have.