Building community in Greece

I am from California and just moved to Glyfada.  I love Greece and am excited to explore.  I am happily married and working with my husband to create a life in Greece.  Looking forward to meeting cool women. This is a strange process and I feel like I am writing on a dating app.  Laughing at myself right now.  Please help...I am driving my husband crazy.

Hi Alison
i hope you have a great time with your husband and b happy always with your family. I am also looking any friend  but the problem you are looking for cool girl and i am cool boy ...if you want to know about me more you can send message .  i am laugh on myself too because i am not sure i can get reply from you or not ... any way have a great weekend
Aman

Hi Alison.

Welcome to Greece.  You must have courage to come here nowadays. It's not the easiest place to live in.  But, then, you say you love Greece, so I assume you follow your heart.  Nice! I wish you the best to you and your husband.
The truth is, Greece is a beautiful place to live in, provided you don't expect to make a living here.  From nowhere. Of course, nowadays a lot of people work on line, so they can be anywhere.  If this is the case, then, amazing!! You will enjoy the sun and the beaches.
I am Kate, I live in Piraeus.  I am from Greece.  I spent a big part of my life trying to leave Greece. This is the reason why I am in this site. I thought here everything was wrong.  in Greece. After long efforts that led nowhere, and a lot of experience about what is happening in the world, some black nights of the soul, I ended up believing that things are not better in other places.  Not as I expected them to be.
So, here I am, with an open mind, and willing to live anywhere, including Greece, but not in despair because I am here.  I am a life coach and therapist, I work as an addiction cansellor in the NHS, and recently I decided that all I want in my life is freedom.
Glyfada is a nice suburb. I like places near the beach. I live in the Marina Zea area in Piraeus, and the beach is just a few meters away from my home.  I go swimming every day - most of the time - almost the whole year round - except February and March.
So, have a nice stay in Greece!!! :)

best regards

Kate