Considering Moving to Liberia

Greetings-I am thinking about accepting a two year position in Monrovia so I thought I would reach out to expats to get info and insight.  My biggest concern is whether my wife and 10 year old daughter would find the experience valuable.  My wife is from Mexico and I worry she would feel isolated with far less connection to her culture.  She speaks great English but enjoys being connected to her culture through television and friends here in Las Vegas.  How good are internet connections as that will be a big issue in staying connected.  I am sure she would make great friends with both expats and the Liberian people.  Anyway, I would appreciate if you have any thoughts and insight—also, information on schools and life for my 10 year old will be valuable—if you know others who will have insight and time to share experience, please also let me know—thx so much-

To answer your question; Liberia 🇱🇷 is a nation of rich culture and heritage . People from all works of life live in Liberia. People from different parts of the world 🌎 come here to make business. U name it, from Spanish speaking to all nationality. Ur wife and kid will like it there and school are  rank from Government schools  to private and public schools . U and ur family will feel at home . I Im a Liberian born and raised. This nation is on its way to a better development and livelihood. If u I interested in buying a house 🏡 I'm selling my home. 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom etc... stay in contact

Thanks for your reply. It is very comforting to hear that it will be a great experience.  We will probably rent rather than buy—Where do you recommend living if my work will be at the Temple of Justice?  Not sure of the job yet but planning in advance is wise just in case—and do I need a vehicle or is the public transportation system efficient?—Thanks for everything.

I personally will prefer living outside of the city. Because the city is overcrowded. U will need your own car 🚗 going back and forth it easygoing that way. And for my home is also rentable. Since u will just need it for rent. My name is James I'm in Florida USA 🇺🇸 . U can contact me if u I interested. My 🏡 house is Just outside of the city.

Hi,

Liberia is a good place to live, although we suffered 14 years of civil war but things are normal. we have few deficiencies in terms of security, electricity and water in some areas. but on the average it is good to live. There are good schools for kids like the American International School, the Turkish School and other good schools. i like your wife will like the culture, the people are very open and appreciate foreigners alot. i will advise you to give it a trial. but associate with the right people.

Manju