Considering Moving to Muscat for Work (URGENT) Please Help

Hi All,

I'm an Indian citizen who's currently staying and working in Delhi. I work in the digital media marketing industry here which is growing exponentially in the country and has a pretty open work culture. I I currently make around OMR 250/month. I have received an offer from a company in Muscat of about OMR 900. I would really like some guidance into whether or not I should move to Muscat based on the offer received considering the following:

1. The state of the digital media marketing industry in Muscat - I believe it is pretty slow (as per the information I've received from people who've been there). Possible growth prospects, etc.
2. The state of work culture - I believe they follow a pretty closed work culture in Muscat. Is this true? because I'm majorly used to a pretty open work culture.
3. Survival aspects - Will it be possible for me to survive there on the above offered salary considering I'll be paying a rent of somewhere around OMR 200 - 250, utilities & groceries OMR 100, transportation OMR 100. I'll be staying somewhere around Al Khuwair for ease of access to office.

The  above things  are just my assumptions. Please correct me wherever you feel I'm wrong and please help me make an informed decision soon.

Best,
Siddhartha Banerjee

Muscat is a beautiful place and it's cheaper than the other GCC countries .plus here in Oman you will find a lot of Indians where I don't think you will feel Alone .about the company , here is Oman its a bit slow but it's catching up so don't worry plus the offer u got is really good .life is Oman is not that expensive and u may find cheaper accommodation

SidBanerjee wrote:

Hi All,

I'm an Indian citizen who's currently staying and working in Delhi. I work in the digital media marketing industry here which is growing exponentially in the country and has a pretty open work culture. I I currently make around OMR 250/month. I have received an offer from a company in Muscat of about OMR 900. I would really like some guidance into whether or not I should move to Muscat based on the offer received considering the following:

1. The state of the digital media marketing industry in Muscat - I believe it is pretty slow (as per the information I've received from people who've been there). Possible growth prospects, etc.
2. The state of work culture - I believe they follow a pretty closed work culture in Muscat. Is this true? because I'm majorly used to a pretty open work culture.
3. Survival aspects - Will it be possible for me to survive there on the above offered salary considering I'll be paying a rent of somewhere around OMR 200 - 250, utilities & groceries OMR 100, transportation OMR 100. I'll be staying somewhere around Al Khuwair for ease of access to office.

The  above things  are just my assumptions. Please correct me wherever you feel I'm wrong and please help me make an informed decision soon.

Best,
Siddhartha Banerjee

Hi Sid,

Your assumptions are pretty much OK if you'll be living as a bachelor. The offered salary may suffice a nominal living for a bachelor, however, for a family with a child or a non-working partner, this wouldn't be a good move.