New members of the Ethiopia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ethiopia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ethiopia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I am currently working in Metema(Ethiopia) Trade industry office as the position of Market price information expert so I need to join the forum that take place in Addis Abeba millennium  hall for the second  international investment . I need feed back letter of invitation .

Hallo!
I am Margherita, Italian, in Addis since a couple of weeks!
I am working with the African Union but I'm self employed :)
I'd like to take some "African" dance classes, meet for a coffee or a walk, and discover Addis!

Hi There,

I am Abraham Negash I am a mechanical Engineer born and raised in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I am currently working as a sales and service engineer for Liebherr construction machines at a company named Macsheb. I am also taking my masters in Industrial Engineering at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology. I like having fun and taking long walks with people. I also enjoy the game of football, both playing and watching, and very excited for the World Cup.

Hello Margherita,

I am Abraham. I want to start my greeting by saying welcome to Addis. Regarding your need for African Dance lessons there are few I can recommend you.
1. Destiono Dance Company: they have Ethio-contemporary classes their website is http://destinodance.org/

2. Shine Kizomba Class: they have classes for the Angolan dance Kizomba you can contact them at +251913059946

3. Adugna Dance Center: they have Ethiopian traditional dance classes.

I hope this helps.

Hello All,
am Sami , I just moved to Addis and will be staying few months and am looking forward to meet with people around, am quit interested in trekking activities or any out door events , I might need to buy a tent and few equipment
looking forward to hear from you :)

Hi,i like to meet with you.currently i am living in Ethiopia.I was worked as Accounting and finance.I have more than eight years working experience.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

ETHIOPIA is a best place to live as an expat. we are welcoming and friendly for any one who went to visit us. so come and enjoy our culture and natural endowments.

if u want to have everlasting memory in u'r life the right place is my country, Ethiopia!!!

Hello,
I am relatively new to Addis and am looking for MMA or Thai/Kickboxing classes.

Any leads appreciated.

Thanks

Brian from Kenya, planning on visiting Ethiopia this August just to learn their culture and establish networks as I prepare to launch my business in the capital

Hi,

I am Genesis. Been in Addis before and planning to return there to stay for perhaps 1 - 2 years -  giving lectures and conducting research at the universities.

Need help on how to get a car from Germany to Addis

Thanks

Hi, can you give me background about your work so we can explore potential partnerships?

Thank you
Hibret

hi there if you are interested in making new ethiopian friends msg me back

Hii, I am a university lecturer. I have worked at 4 kilo for 8 months before returning to Germany. I might be coming back to Addis as from October 2018

Best regards

Eight months, huh..

So, you liked it in Addis?
Have you made friends yet?

Hi I will arrive in Addis in a few days

Hello to everybody my name is Lorenzo, I am italian and I'm 38 years old.
I work as a teacher of italian and english, and also I work with translations. I speak five languages: italian, english, french, spanish and catalan. Also I understand portuguese.
I wrote and published several books about ethiopian culture: I translated the ancient ethiopian book "Kebra Nagast", both in italian and in spanish. This book is kind of Bible for Rastafarians believers.
Also I published a book about the Negus Haile Selassie, translating his speeches in italian.
I am moving to Ethiopia in August. It will be my second time there. The first time I lived there for two months, in 2011. Now I am looking for a job possibility, in the touristic field.
The job I would like to do could be:
1) guide for groups (italian, french, english, spanish and so on)
2) translator (see my five languages) on tourism, and also translation of web pages for travel agencies
3) Public relations for tourism agencies in Ethiopia
4) Public relations for hotels in Ethiopia, also available to organize and accompany groups
5) Other similar jobs, related to tourism, translation, public relations
6) Teaching Italian at universities, Italian institute of culture or private linguistic centers. I could also teach english.
If anyone has any contact or idea, I would be well disposed to talk about it via email, or on this site, or on my arrival in Addis in a few days.
Also I am interested to find a place to stay, a house to rent, and also to make some new friends. If you want to contact me I would be very happy. I am a serious person and I really love ethiopian culture.
Thank you very much and best regards,
Lorenzo

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for your introduction.

Hopefully, you will find information on the website to succeed in your respective expatriation project.

@ Lorenzo, feel free to drop an advert in the Jobs in Ethiopia section and in the Housing in Ethiopia.

You may also contact the professionals recommended in the Jobs in Ethiopia section to enquire.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Was up good people,

I'll be a newbie to the sence.  Any, and all, and I mean any advice, and words of wisdom are helpful.  Need a nice decent spot to lay my head, nothing fancy.  Trying to stay under $500/mn usd total expense.  I love to mingle with all so don't hisatant to drop a line to me good people. Help you're brother out will you! 😄✌️

Could use your advice love.  Do make a minute to help a round brother out won't you. 😉✌️

Hello Everyone,
My Name is Sador am in portugal right now.Am here because i have cancer, and am looking for a friend that i can talk to too because i came here alone from Ethiopia. Am a very friendly person soo please join me! :D

Hi Brian,
drop me a line on your arivle,
Helen

Hi ,
Good morning
Myself Sudhakar recently moved from Oman to Addis. I am an architect working here for new Airport project .

Nice to meet you .

Regards
Sudhakar

i would like to have friend to walk have coffee and try african dance

I am haku . Currently living in Ethiopia , Gambella Region. Gambella is a special area to visit , please contact me , i will guide you each and every places and you will enjoy a lot.

Cheers ,

Haku.

That's what I want

This dance lesson will be much more useful for me

Hi everyone
I am Agatha moved in Addis one month ago, I lived here with my husband and my daughter. Now I want to find a pianist for my daughter's piano lesson and her dance class. I don't know where to find all these information. Any person who have them pls let me know. I lived in old airport area

Hi Lorenzo, hope all is good with you,  if you are still looking for a place to rent contact me,
Helen

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your community. I and my husband are looking forward to one day to getting to Our Homeland Ethiopia.

Hi everyone, Peter here. Just moved to Ethiopia and am currently in Addis whilst I wait for my work permit. Will shortly be heading out to Harar to take on a project out in the area and, hopefully, make a difference.

Hi Peter, welcome to Ethiopia, hope you are having fun in Harare, let us know how is it going,
Helen

Hello everyone! My name is Daphne and I'm part Greek part American.
I just moved to Addis from Athens to join my family who lives here, hoping to meet new friends, gain new experiences and looking for new job opportunities, perhaps with an international NGO, in management or PR; as I come from the world of advertising; I'm a producer for TV commercials, and have worked in copywriting, editing  and PR as well.

MargheSofia wrote:

Hallo!
I'd like to take some "African" dance classes, meet for a coffee or a walk, and discover Addis!

Hi Margherita,

My name is Helena Alemu. I will be in Addis as of December 1st. My family and I are relocating from NYC. I am interested to know more about what you do for AU as I am looking into an opportunity with AU and the UN. Let's talk more please.

Cheers

MargheSofia wrote:

Hallo!

Hi Margherita,

My name is Helena Alemu. I will be in Addis as of December 1st. My family and I are relocating from NYC. I am interested to know more about what you do for AU as I am looking into an opportunity with AU and the UN. Let's talk more please. Here is my email ***. 

Cheers

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

@Helugize31

It is unsafe to post any contact details here on the open forum, especially for females.

stumpy wrote:

@Helugize31

It is unsafe to post any contact details here on the open forum, especially for females.

Ok thanks. I will take it down.

Hi Helena and Margherita, my name is Daphne Panopoulos, I'm half Greek, half American and just moved here with my family. I would love to get together or get in touch with you as I too am looking for a job in both organizations, and even some NGOs my email is: ***
Hope to get in touch!

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
Closed