Water treatment

I am going to buy a new house in HCMC Binh Chanh district.

A company will install all equipment for warm and cold water (tanks, pumps, etc.).
I think I will install on the roof, a tank for cold water, a solar water heater for the warm water, a pump to pump the water onto the roof tank and 2 small pumps to generate enough water pressure for hot and cold water.

Now I am thinking about how I could improve the water quality.

Have someone experience in small water treatment?
Is there something what I can do (Filter, salt for softening the water, etc.)?
What equipment is recommended?
If the equipment is not too big, could it be installed in the ground floor where the water supply pipe is led to the house?
Or is it better to install all equipment on the roof next to the tanks?

Thank you in advance.

I have no direct experience in setting up water filters etc.
BWT water filters are now available in HCMC and Hanoi.
Have a quick consultation with them.
They'll tell you how their technology works and exactly where to install such filters.

Thank you senwl.

I will ask the company who install all equipment for warm and cold water whether they can buy and install such filters.

Do you know about the water quality of water supply for new housing complex projects in HCMC?
Are there lots of pollutants, chemicals or particle in the water?
Is the water hardness high?

Andy Passenger wrote:

Do you know about the water quality of water supply for new housing complex projects in HCMC?
Are there lots of pollutants, chemicals or particle in the water?
Is the water hardness high?

SAWACO* is responsible for supplying water in most parts of HCMC from their Thu Duc and Tan Hiep water treatment plants.
They source raw water chiefly from the Dong Nai River and the Saigon River (surface water). They also use ground water from various locations.

Of course they treat raw water very well in their treatment plants but the cause of concern is, both these rivers are highly polluted, especially the Dong Nai River which gets heavy deposits of industrial waste.
- Dong Nai basin pollution worries officials - (Vietnamnet)
Consequently, raw (untreated) ground water is highly polluted as well.

It seems, Binh Chanh gets its water supply from the Tan Hiep plant. If that's the case, here's a recent 2015 report on Tan Hiep water quality.

This report prepared in 2013 by a team of Japanese experts may also give you some ideas about what to expect in terms of water quality in the HCMC area.
(search with keywords like "water quality" etc.)
More such reports from various agencies could be found on Google.

Hope this info helps!  :cheers:
*I've g-translated the SAWACO page. Check the "Water supply service (06/05/2011)" link.

Thank's a lot senwl

I will study all the information.
I want find out what filter and other equipment helps to improve the water quality.

Because the house overhanding is delayed for about a month I have more time to find a good solution.
I will post here what I will finally install to improve the water quality.

This article could be of interest to you.
Water Treatment

senwl wrote:

This article could be of interest to you.
Water Treatment

That's a really very helpful.

Thank you.