Interesting customs and traditions in Mauritania

Hello everyone,

Living outside of our home country requires us to adapt to a new culture and different traditions. What are some of the cultural specifics in Mauritania?

What are some of the traditional beliefs and cultural practices that you have encountered in Mauritania that are different to your home country?

Tell us a bit more about some of the customs that you've found interesting, such as communication style, food, greetings, laws, or festivities.

What were your initial reactions and how did you adapt to them?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Greetings (starega: hi in hassaniya local dialect i beleive 😎) Priscilla hope your stay in Mauritania is going well. I have a few mauritanian friends and i love their culture. They are very relax and down to earth people and a very social community. Making tea and long talks are imperative  to mauritanians. Spending time with family and friends i will say is more important than anything in the Mauritanian culture. The way they prepare tea is one of my favorite things, its such an art. I will love to visit Mauritania in the near future how is it for you, how do you like it so far, iam so curious to know what it is like to be an expat in Mauritania. Wadanak il molaana (good bye in hassaniya) hope to hear soon about your experience 🤗