Moving to fujariah

Hi my husband has been offered a job in fujariah from the uk, does.anyone.live there or has lived there and can tell me what it is like. We have two young twin babies and i really dont like the idea of gping with them being so young. Is the town safe, what are homes like, cleanliness, nurserys?

Hi my husband has been offered a job in fujariah from the uk, does.anyone.live there or has lived there and can tell me what it is like. We have two young twin babies and i really dont like the idea of gping with them being so young. Is the town safe, what are homes like, cleanliness, nurserys?

Hi Sian,

My wife and I have been here over a year. I am from the UK and She is Irish.

Fujairah is a small city and is quite quiet. Certainly nothing at all like Dubai. But there are 4 malls, many nice coffee shops, cinemas, places to walk (in winter). Many of the British Expats hang out at the Irish pub.

If you are expecting it to be like Dubai you will be disappointed. But it's a decent enough place to be, and it is about what you make of it yourselves.

Fujairah is very safe. There is very little obvious crime here and you always feel safe.

Accommodation: There are 3 types of accommodation that people normally stay in.
Flat most common - around 40K dirham for a 2 bed per year.
Villa - 65K + per year
Serviced apartments- basically long stay hotels. 5-10k per month.

Things can be very clean or very dirty. So make sure you visit buildings and pick a place you are happy with.

Fujairah is a very dusty place as you would expect.

There are many nurseries... but we don't have kids so can't comment on where is good.

hopefully this has been some help. Pm me if you need any other details or help.

opps i copied and pasted so i would address all the things but forgot to delete!

Thank you so much that is a great help x