How to make friends in Cambridge

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Cambridge :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Cambridge??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I lived in various part of the world, one thing i could say about it .... England is one of the most difficult places on earth to make friends, I was born in England .... people are just simply not interested in people from other countries unless of course you are a pretty woman with certain qualities, lucky for me I was able to know lots of guys, but not everyone is so lucky even the very pretty ones, guys are shy women are jelous I know is very negatie but honestly some places are better than others, perhaps by now people might have change a bit, I remember once I just come back from usa so i was used to say hello to most people, so I enter a room which had lots of people being myself friendly I said Hello! oh my God .. what a mistake... everyone looked at me like I said an insult... not one would smile just they stared at me then I new it was time to move to a new town... generaly guys are more friendly than girls.... well that is my experience, I hope things have change for the sake of europeans and for me becouse one day i might go back...

Welcome on Expat.com Edham77 ;)

haha, yeah english people are a bit more reserved than the rest of Europe. They seem more at ease when they go abroad. :)

Hi I agree with Edham77! I am also British, but lived overeseas for 4 years and will soon be overseas again. I found it easier to make British friends overseas than in London.

As for Cambridge I was a postgrad student there and it isn't the biggest of places and not the friendliest. When I was there I even kept my old gf on as so hard to meet anyone lol. All the guys I knew did that! Cambridge is pretty to look at. But for under 50s not that exciting IMHO. But at least it made me work hard lol

wishing to meet a female friend.