Job offer in Port Harcourt

I have been offered a job in Port Harcourt as a Construction Manager by Solac Engineering Ltd. The salary and other conditions of service are very attractive. However the company has asked me to contact their immigration consultancy agency for workpermit/residence permit procurement and the agency has asked me to pay application fees of 350$. I am just wandering want to do between considering it a scam or real. Can somebody advice?

Sounds like a scam. If the contract conditions are quite attractive, I wonder why they don't pay for the paperwork

I think you 'd better ask them to do the paperwork and then withdraw the expenses from your first salary. If they still insist that you pay before processing your papers, just know it that it a scam punishable by section 419 of the nigeria constitution. Please take a long jump to safety.

Are you already with SOLAC ENGINEERING now?

chitufa wrote:

I have been offered a job in Port Harcourt as a Construction Manager by Solac Engineering Ltd. The salary and other conditions of service are very attractive. However the company has asked me to contact their immigration consultancy agency for workpermit/residence permit procurement and the agency has asked me to pay application fees of 350$. I am just wandering want to do between considering it a scam or real. Can somebody advice?

SCAM!!!

The letter of offer bears the same contact details as shown in your google search. I am due to start work with them on 7th March.

Yes this was real scam

chitufa wrote:

The letter of offer bears the same contact details as shown in your google search. I am due to start work with them on 7th March.

It doesnt matter. A real address can be copied from google to make it look real. Did you get the email from a yahoo/hotmail email e.g
[email protected]??

I dont understand why a Company who offers you a Job WILL ASK AN EXPARTIATE TO PAY FOR WORK PERMIT? Doesnt that ring a bell? :rolleyes:

Good luck to you should you decide to pay!

They have been using this email:[email protected] and tel: +23446872913 for our correspondence. Today I called this number +23446872913 asking them why I should pay $350 upfront. They told me it is the company policy that all foreign employees cover 25% of travelling expenses. I am still undecided what to do.

Does Solac Engineering Ltd exist in Port Harcourt?

chitufa wrote:

They have been using this email:[email protected] and tel: +23446872913 for our correspondence. Today I called this number +23446872913 asking them why I should pay $350 upfront. They told me it is the company policy that all foreign employees cover 25% of travelling expenses. I am still undecided what to do.

These days scammers CLONE original sites to deceive people by having a domain similar to the orginal one

Have you bothered to check the dns whos info on the site solacengineeringngltd.com?

It was created on 12 February 2011 and expires on 12 February 2012. 

Why don't you type into google +23446872913  the Telephone number they have been calling you with
http://www.google.com.ng/#hl=en&source= … ed187be89f

and see how many Domains they have CLONED and how they operate under different company names  and FRAUD People

You have obviously made up your mind to make payment. Good luck to you!

BYE!

Stop dragging this clear issue of impending scam. I think you 'd better ask them to do the paperwork and then withdraw the expenses from your first salary. If they still insist that you pay before processing your papers, just know it that it is a clear scam. Please forget it and play safe.

Thank God for a forum such as this. The forum has done its job; you've been warned by nearly everyone that this is in all probability a scam. Somehow, it appears that you're bent on going ahead. In that case, suit yourself. Next topic, please.

Meanwhile, if anyone knows of part-time or freelance journalists who understand community and international development/NGO issues to contribute to a new magazine I've started, please kindly link me up. Thanks all.

Hello KOK,

You are completely off-topic in this thread. Please start a new discussion.

Thank you all for enlightening me, I have now made a decision not to go or pay advance fees.

Thats better!

Dear chitufa

Had you receive offer letter for this guy?

Solomon Uba

Amazing how my gaurdian angels are looking out for me as i too have aproached solac for work as construction manager and received mail from them that i should complete job application form so they can start with short list and screening,this was yesterday and since today is sunday i presume i will get job offer for construction manager position in Port Harcourt.

I am glad i decided to do some homework and look for expats in nigeria to ask some qeustions and came accross this topic.

mail received was from careers@solacengineeringngltd,solomon uba

mmmm sound fishy

Best Of luck

Thanks to all for your advise on this topic.

Kind Regards
Nick

Hi Nick,
Watch out and learn!

Nick, shall we go together............

I am currently working as construction manager for group in Middle East and will not let it go just for the sake of it till i am sertain of better package and sucure contract.

I am checking the marked

Nick

This really is proving to be scam. How many Construction Managers are they going to hire?

http://www.frayon-ltd.com/svhttp://www.dasspetltd.com/about-ushttp://www.solacengineering-ltd.com/scam-alert

Scam Scam

Dear IBN SABIL

Yes I received letter of offer and contract from Solomon Uba, Human Resources Manager at Solac Engineering Ltd with this email [email protected]

I have also been contacted by Mr. Solomon Uba that I am hired as Sr. Telecom Engineer for Solac and sent me the same conditons like paying the 25% of the mobilization. Also, I wonder why they are associated with a travel & tours agency to process my papers. One thing more is the email address varies from [email protected] to [email protected] which is quite vague. If you check solacengineering-ltd.com and solacengineeringngltd.com, they have the same contents. Which is which?

It shows that they are scammers. Trickstars.

It's all been said and can't be stressed enough; a company that can afford to hire expatriate employees can afford to cover all related expenses. It doesn't make sense from any angle to pay for a job.

Its a scam, i received myself that email inviting me, please just check their telephone number, its everywhere and in several companies =)

try to reply to their mail.... eheheh its gone...

I have been given a job with bell oil and gas. but they say I need to get a Expatriate Approval Certificate. I can not find any infor at the Embassy site for this. So its not real?

Welcome on board bodacious ;)

Are they asking you to send money? If yes, it can be a scam, you shall be very careful. Can we have more details about the "opportunity" in question!

Are they mailing you from a freely available e-mail addresses like (Gmail, Hotmail, Ymail) or asking you to reply on freely available e-mails domains?

Regards

Seems like this Solac Engineering is in need of a lot of Construction Managers. Look at the mail I have received from them. The Contracts is also attached on the mail. This is a Big Scam All.

FROM THE RECRUITING DEPARTMENT OF SOLAC ENGINEERING LIMITED

Attention: Marius Bezuidenhout,

This is to inform you that you are successful on the screening exercise. Your qualification matches our requirements and the management of our company has appointed your service for the contact fulfillment with our company. Find attached your letter of appointment as well as the contract Terms and Conditions for your perusal.

What you need to do now is to contact the Diamond Travels Agency as referred on your appointment letter so that they can come and act on your behalf as a local delegate to help you get the hard copy of your contract document signed and also assist you to get your valid Nigerian residence and work permit documents in order for the management of the company to start making arrangements for your visa and air ticket.

Find below the contact information of the Diamond Travels;

DIAMOND TRAVELS AND TOUR
47 Rumola Road,
Port Harcourt. Rivers State, Nigeria
CONTACT NAME: (Dr.) Tunde Tayo
DESIGNATION: Head of Visa/Permits Operations
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: +234-806-123-5838

All you just have to do is to contact the aforementioned agency to seek their assistance in acting as your local delegate in order for them to come and sign the hard copy of your contract document on your behalf and also assist you to in getting your Nigerian Immigration permit papers in order for you to meet up with the deadline given as all your traveling documents
shall be processed here in Nigeria and shall be sent to you via DHL or FedEx as soon as they've been processed.

--
Regards,
Mr. Solomon Uba
HR Manager
Solac Engineering Limited
27 Eleme Road,
Rivers, Port Harcourt.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone:  +234-806-646-4867

hi all
i recived e-mail like that as a civil engineer and also the same condition as you said but i sent email to them that i can't send any money before i joined the work
thanks of god for my Decision

Hi and welcome on the forum hima22!

Good decision indeed ;)

Regards
Armand

Please dont pay anything. In 9ja if they offer job they will handle any paper for u and mostly all company will advance money first. or sometime it is their expenses.

Careful 419. Lots of scam

Scum! I received 2 job offers for Port Harcourt. One related to Schlumberger. Good money, no preliminary interview, Main phone number for the company is the same for "human resource PIC" (both mobile). Checked real company website and found warning with clear explanations how to identify scum job offers.

consult with ur embassy n they wld be able 2investigate.

I got an email with also a very attractive salary supposedly to work for the Russian Ambassador of Nigeria. I have not personally talked to him myself though I was sent a contract over the net. If this is a scam please let me know with haste. I was almost going to pay the outrageous $650 to get my entry papers.

Sir this  a scam same came to me in kanada at for work total oil gas  company he wants  300 dolars  from me documentation and clerens this real a scam
but ı dont pay because ı got ıt  ı think  you take care

Closed