Professional Jobs (MBA)

A little bit of background - I'm a U.S. citizen currently working at a fortune 500 company in the United States but will be leaving in a few months to start my MBA at a top 10 European business school in Spain. Part of the reason why I'm going to Europe to do my MBA is because I would like to work there after graduation and was considering Norway due to it's good quality of life. As part of my MBA program, after completing the classes at my university, I will have to do an exchange at another business school in another country followed up by an internship. While it's still early to make my decision as to where I will be going, I do want to be as informed as possible prior to making my choice since my objective would be to do the exchange and internship in the country I would like to work in. The problem I have encountered time and again is a lack of information about professional jobs for expats in Norway. Most of the forums only tend to have information for unskilled jobs or give blanket answers about searching job sites however my research has so far turned up mostly empty. Any answers from people that may have experience with high-skilled jobs in Norway would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the questions that I have are:

1. I've heard tons of horror stories about UDI. Is it generally easier for highly skilled immigrants to navigate the immigration system in Norway or is it the same regardless?
2. Most multinational companies recruiting out of the Top 20 MBA programs in the world typically require candidates to speak fluent English and sometimes a second language (In my case Spanish). For high skilled jobs in Norway is this typically the case or do employers require Norwegian as well?
3. Salaries in Southern Europe and Latin America typically start around $60K a year and move up from there while in the U.S. they start around 90K. Does anyone know what an MBA (or other master degree) graduate would make as starting salary in Norway?

Thanks in advance!

If you already have job offer and accept it, it is very easy and fast to apply for skilled worker residence permit.  After submitting the documents, it generally only take 10 business days for them to reply if your application is approved or not.

There are not a lot of multi national companies in Norway.  That means if you need to be able to speak norwegian if you wish to expand your options to local companies as well.

I am not familiar with starting pay for master degree but I think it really depends on which industry you are in.  I think you will need your academic qualification to be certified by relevant authority even if your master degree is from top 20 of the world.  NOKUT is the authority that accredited overseas higher education qualification.

Thank you! This information is very helpful and I will be sure to look into it!