Gay couple moving to HCMC

Hi everyone, my partner and I are thinking of moving to HCMC. We are looking for gay friendly neighborhoods and will be traveling with our pups.  Any recommendations on pet friendly housing would be greatly appreciated.

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please post your offer under the Housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

We aren't moving till august... just doing research

What kind of accommodation are you looking for ???
I know some great places around Phu My Hung, D7
Feel free to contact me for more informations
Tris

My question to you is have you guys visited Saigon or Vietnam before?

Gay friendly neighbourhoods are not something that exists here. This is Asia, and its a bit more conservative. In saying that, there are plenty of gay people here, just don't flaunt it publicly.

Hi,

As LGBT, I don't think you should worry too much about neighborhood in HCM. There are always gay friendly people and also homophobia in any communities. Generally HCM is open to homosexuality. I live in the compound located in Thao Dien, D2 (where many expats live). Most of people in my compound know about me and my partner. Also my Vietnamese domestic staff and security guards also know about us. I never had experience that I felt I was being treated differently.  Of course, public intimidation is not popular here, just part of Asia culture and less about gay.

Hope this helps. Welcome to HCMC.

A gated compound in D2 is definitley not typical of areas in Saigon. Compounds are areas that are isolated and closed off from   your average Vietnamese neighbourhood.

You won't be the only gay in the village...that's for sure..but don't highlight the fact too much in public because you will upset some of the old school here...to be honest I don't understand why you even mentioned it in your post...who cares if you are gay or straight to be honest....enjoy HCMC and you will soon find the areas and hangouts that you will feel comfortable in...watch out for those big butch Ozzy's though in Phatty's bar  :cheers:

Hi dear, you two should check the international residence where the environment is open and people are well educated. I am now living in City Garden, one of the best residences in Saigon. I can give some advice if needed. Tell me if you are interested :-)

Yes, it always amazes me. Like I want to move to Saigon and as an opener I say I am a hero sexual that enjoys sex every third night. Who's cares and who's business is it anyway. I have a group of many young men who live next to me. They have never felt the need to tell me their likes and dislikes and I could care less. I have nothing against anyone. But some things do not require public knowledge. Welcome to Vietnam. Enjoy yourself both in the bedroom and in Vietnam!!!

Thank you.

watch out for those big butch Ozzy's though in Phatty's bar  :cheers:

:lol::lol:

Welcome to Vietnam. Enjoy yourself both in the bedroom and in Vietnam!!!

:lol::lol:

I agree with some here who have mentioned you have given out too much information  :D
It shouldn't be anyone's business - enjoy Vietnam and hope you will like it there..

Good luck  :D

Also not a 'typical' Vietnamese area, but Sky Gardens is full of dogs. And I have not once seen a poop. Must be poop-less breeds they bring from Korea.

Rents from $600 for 2 bedrooms 74meters in our building. (BTW this apartment was just sold for 4trieu after a 1 minute walkthru to a Hanoi investor.) Sky Gardens is an older high rise community with Korean shops, dozens of realtors, expensive sports facilities, lots of kids, clean, though not as new and cheaper than many other high rise developments in suburban, largely expat Phu My Hung area of District 7.

gobot wrote:

(BTW this apartment was just sold for 4trieu after a 1 minute walkthru to a Hanoi investor.)

4 trieu (6 zeros) or 4 ty (9 zeros), Gobot?

Ciambella wrote:
gobot wrote:

(BTW this apartment was just sold for 4trieu after a 1 minute walkthru to a Hanoi investor.)

4 trieu (6 zeros) or 4 ty (9 zeros), Gobot?

Oops, thx! Rewind, I had that all wrong after checking with the boss.
It sold for 2,300,000,000d, so about US$100,000, 6 months ago.
This is not typical for an apartment in metro Saigon, there is no 'typical', just this apt in this development FYI!

Must be poop-less breeds they bring from Korea.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oops, thx! Rewind, I had that all wrong after checking with the boss.
It sold for 2,300,000,000d, so about US$100,000, 6 months ago.
This is not typical for an apartment in metro Saigon, there is no 'typical', just this apt in this development FYI!

Ah well the ops missed this opportunity.. better luck next time.  :D

'Just smile and wave boys...smile and wave'  ;)

I understand you asking the question, but not to worry.
Vietnam is friendly to everyone.

Just be aware that public intimacy is not  considered appropriate whatever the composition of the couple.
Don't take it personally.
Have fun and welcome

I understand you asking the question, but not to worry.
Vietnam is friendly to everyone.

Just be aware that public intimacy is not  considered appropriate whatever the composition of the couple.
Don't take it personally.
Have fun and welcome

I agree with this comment. Enjoy Vietnam and hope you will like it there.  :top: