Moving to Suzhou for 2-6 months

My husband is currently working in Suzhou Jiangsu. Myself and two kids (3 years and 3 months) will be joining him for 2-6 months. I know there are many expats there. I want to go out and do things with the kids so we are not just stuck at home. I am looking for child friendly places to go.

Ideas:

- indoor play areas

- outdoor playgrounds

- Anywhere with kids activities in English

- recreation centres

- anywhere expats go with their kids

Also how can I connect with other expat moms in Suzhou? Is there a mommy group that meet for play dates? We have that stuff here in Canada and I'm hoping to give my children some sort of consistency even with the move.

We arrived in Suzhou a week ago as my husband is here fir a short-term contract initially. We also have two children, and I had the same concerns as you about getting out and about. My children are quite a bit older, though, so it's a little easier for me. Anyway, there is a centre with a pool not far from the Dushu lake Education Town, which is where we are based. I'm not sure about the name, but can find out for you if you like. On past assignments overseas, when our children were much younger, we found that forums like this were great for connecting with people but also, if you're lucky, you'll find people living around you, depending on  where your accommodation is.