Tips and advice to thrive in Equatorial Guinea

Hi,

When living in a foreign country, you have to adapt to a new environment, various cultures and different social codes.

How did you manage to adjust to Equatorial Guinea?

How long does it take to feel at home? Would you say it is an easy process?

According to you, what is key for a successful integration process in Equatorial Guinea?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Priscilla

Good Morning Priscilla,  My first advice is find a friend with a car after you get here because you will want to stay away from the taxi drivers they drive terribly.  lol   Malabo is a relatively quite place as is  Bata on the mainland.  Both have their own charm but Malabo is my preferred.   The food is decent and there is good night life.  Its a little pricy for the quality but you have to remember its Africa and there are not a lot of resources so what you can find is expensive.  I feel as safe here as anywhere I have lived in the USA.  The police are on most corners checking documents and as long as you have your correct visa and are doing the right thing they do not bother you much but occasionally ask for a few dollars but compared to other African countries where I have lived this is my favorite.  I hope this helps you a little.