Family of three - would $2800 be enough?

Would an income of $2800 be enough for a family of three small infant living within an hour of Panama City with rent no more than $600?

To give you an idea of costs try www.numbeo.com

Thanks stumpy very helpful really trying to get ahead of the move in a year. Getting passports in 3 weeks were thinking a year and we should be on our way

You're welcome
Remember to factor in medical insurance cover too.

That's the one I will miss being retired from the military. I may take my flights to florida to the va for care but I still want good insurance in Panama. A good hospital nearby is a must for  me. We love Coronado but not sure yet about the rent.

Hi there, I currently live in the Coronado area with my husband and preteen daughter. We've only been here since August but for the area it may be a little difficult to find a rental for $600. I'm not saying it's impossible but I think Coronado is on the more expensive side when you think of Panama. Be prepared to go higher for that area.  There are many agents and lots of regular people who do rentals in the area so there's no shortage of people to help you look. If you find something affordable that's not quite right don't sign a long lease. People move in and out all of the time! (I found that rather surprising) I guess it's a hassle to go after lease breakers. All the best with your move.

Thanks Tracy
We really like the Coronado area and we will be taking a 3 week trip in a couple of months. We will decide after the trip when we search for apartments and homes

Yes

Thanks nilo