PREPARING TO MOVE TO PHUKET - 2-3 YEARS

We have been living in Africa for past years, and we are planning to move to Phuket. Could you indicate us 2-3 websites for North West location. For car, do you know about company leasing or car rental on long term? How is second hand market for car? Lots of questions, as we inevitably will compare with african standards.

RJ

Hello there RJ,

The following article will provide you with some links and info : Accommodation in Phuket

As for car rental maybe you could contact the following company : Car rental in Phuket

All the best
Bhavna

Please look first in Expat.com as many pints have already been treated, some forums below :

- Most used cars seem to be selling for just as much as a new car : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=526354

- Regarding long term car hire, any car rental company will propose you 1 to 12 months rental, it is common in Thailand, even private owner rent their car like that, like for a house, but be sure to check term and conditions, what is included and escluded, first class insurance is a plus, no excess, etc..  just google it

I can't understand your question about websites for North west location as your post is under Phuket, be more precise and open 1 forum for 1 specific subject if you want to have precise feedback.

Start some homework on internet, check everything here too about cost of living, also visa, and others requirements to ve able to stay a year in Thailand as if you don't meet those requirements it will not be possible for you to stay here ( can be age and financial requirement, or marital situation with local, retirement, etc... )

The Russian Mafia runs Phuket and Pattaya. The crime rate is very high and everything is over priced.     *** has all the answers to your questions.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post external links here pls
colbamumbai wrote:

The Russian Mafia runs Phuket and Pattaya. The crime rate is very high and everything is over priced.     *** has all the answers to your questions.

Total nonsense. 
OP, send me a PM and I'll send you some info.  I live in Phuket as an expat.

cthierrymk wrote:

I can't understand your question about websites for North west location as your post is under Phuket, be more precise and open 1 forum for 1 specific subject if you want to have precise feedback.

North west on Phuket probably refers to the area around Mai Khao, north of the airport or anywhere north of Surin and Nai Yang

Good day. I liked to move to Thailand as close as possible beaches. Perhaps Phuket. But I speak little English and would like to know how it is to live there and the cost of living . I'm unemployed. Thanks

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com