Cost of living in India

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in India.

Don't forget to mention where in India you are living.

How much does it cost to live in India?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

hi the average prices vary from metros to town s and small towns.

accommodation prices for a single room i metros would be 2000 to 4000 depend upon the location and for a 2bed room flat it would be 10000 nd if its furnished it would be around 20000.

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)its very cheap you need not take ant pass as the ticket in the bus and train is really very cheap but the public transportation is very crowded .

> food prices not more than 4000 per month if you dine in a restaurant it would go upto 7000 per month but on the whle i can say iy would be not more than 5000 in metros.
> health prices in metros it would be a bit costly and health insurance providers are very hesitant to pay you the insured amount.

> eduction prices i can say being an indian they are expensive

> energy prices as an indian they are expensive

> there are many telephone  and internet service providers you can choose the best among them

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant - it would be around 500 - 700 for 2

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub- beer would cost u around 120 a pitcher and coffee would not cost more than 50 rupees

> price of the cinema - would be around 120 per seat in a multiplex.

over all if ur currency is more than indian rupee you can find it cheapr in india.