Problems with accuracy in Filipino schools

Actually, PEMDAS is Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division, Addition and Subtraction.

For lower grade levels here in the Philippines, students are taught first MDAS, or multiplication and division first before addition and subtraction.

The maximum number of years, which is 10, a President can serve is taught in grade school.

vetretreat wrote:

haarp believers will also argue Area 51 harbors alien life!!

It doesn't matter whether there's alien life there. Aren't we all aliens?

FilAmericanMom wrote:

The maximum number of years, which is 10, a President can serve is taught in grade school.

But do they also teach them that a President can only be elected for 8 years ? And that 8 years is the normal maximum term for all Presidents.  Or do they believe that all Presidents can serve for 10 years?

Lyndon B. Johnson is the only president so far who could have served more than 8 years under this amendment. He became President in 1963 after John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

Since the 22nd Amendment, No President has served more than 8 years, and it is hoped it will never happen.

1 US President served three full terms + 83 days, but that was before the 1951  22nd Amendment limiting to 2 terms.
11 US Presidents (In total all time) however have served the maximum two elected terms at 8 years each.

FilAmericanMom wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

When finding a suitable school in the P.I., just ask the teaching staff or better yet the principle...What raises and lowers the ocean tides...If they respond the weather or some other unscientific answer you know you are in the wrong school...

I would not have issues if a teacher answers that incorrectly, unless it's the science teacher. Whether here or abroad, I don't expect teachers to know everything there is to know, which is why there's a specialization or major. If in case my son's English language teacher gets confused about the order of operations and gives a wrong answer, it's fine. But if his math teacher makes multiple mistakes in that area, then that would be a concern.

I could not agree with you any less...Children in 1st and 2nd world nations learn what moves the tides when in 5th or 6th grade and children of those nations aren't asked to garden and police trash on school grounds like I have witnessed in the Philippines...It seems it is more important to teach children at the primary school level such things as social skills like singing, playing an instrument, etc. instead of stressing on actual academic studies...Go into most Philippine department stores or grocers and buy something for 70 pesos and give 100 note and the majority have to use a calculator to figure the simple change of 30 pesos and many of those individuals are supposedly high school and college grads...I would never ever consider educating my children by a teaching staff who were themselves taught by such low standards of academics...Most teachers in the Philippines were taught in substandard colleges offering secondary education degrees and not in accredited universities...Even my own Filipino wife who has a Secondary Education degree with a major in English and passed in the top 10 percentile of her class actually only has a reading level equivalent  to that of an 8th or 9th grade level of the US, Japan, Korea or most 1st and 2nd world nations...Her being in the top 10 percent I would wonder how the rest of the class fared in their quest to become teachers of any kind of quality....

FilAmericanMom wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

haarp believers will also argue Area 51 harbors alien life!!

It doesn't matter whether there's alien life there. Aren't we all aliens?

You're right...I forgot I was transported to earth from the planet Neptune...My grandfather Xersus of Uropia just informed me...

There are great and not-so-great teachers anywhere in the world...Western countries included. I have a friend, he retired from military, ventured into the education field..became a principal even. And you will be surprised coming from a principal, he said things like "I am board" (he was saying i am bored trust me!) or "weather I like it or not" (whether obviously) and he was a principal in Washington.

Manila has better schools. In fact 4 are ranked among Asia's best.

katefs4 wrote:

There are great and not-so-great teachers anywhere in the world...Western countries included. I have a friend, he retired from military, ventured into the education field..became a principal even. And you will be surprised coming from a principal, he said things like "I am board" (he was saying i am bored trust me!) or "weather I like it or not" (whether obviously) and he was a principal in Washington.

Manila has better schools. In fact 4 are ranked among Asia's best.

Can you tell us all which are those four schools you refer to?? Perhaps I would reconsider and send my toddlers to them after doing some research...

Sure, the four schools are
University of the Philippines (Diliman, QC is the main campus) (daughter is there)
Ateneo de Manila
University of Santo Tomas (where i studied!)
and De La Salle University

Should you need more info about this, just post here, I shall gladly reply.

katefs4 wrote:

University of the Philippines (Diliman, QC is the main campus)
Ateneo de Manila

That's just great!!...I am aware of 2 of those schools and are only affordable for the upper class mainstream of the P.I... If you will notice my children have to attend elementary schools not accredited Universities...Unless they are private and expensive there are no decent public schools in the country...That is why I will return to my home country where depending on the location many public schools are as good if not better than the private schools in the Philippines and they are FREE paid by taxpayer money which is not done in the Philippines...Children have to pay to go to school even though the schools have horrible substandard academics...WHAT A COUNTRY IT IS WHEN MOST 12.5 PERCENT SALES TAXES(one of the highest in the world), YOLANDA DONATIONS, ETC. ARE SQUANDERED AND HIDDEN ABROAD JUST TO FURTHER ENRICH THE CORRUPT SOB'S WHO RUN THE NATION...Example: Instead of using Yolanda donations(billions of pesos) to rebuild the many homes lost...The gov is only offering loans at 10% interest to the victims...A country which shows almost no empathy for the less fortunate are in my opinion the most evil scum of the world...

While private schools can be expensive, for high school  look for Science High Schools in Manila, like Philippine Science High School, Manila Science High School..they have low low fees, or none at all. in fact in Philippine Science High School, they even give allowance to the students.

My daughter is currently in her senior year at UP Diliman and I only pay PHP78 per semester..that's right, less than 2 USD or 2 AUD/CAD. Plus she gets allowance. :)

vetretreat wrote:

That is why I will return to my home country where depending on the location many public schools are as good if not better than the private schools in the Philippines and they are FREE paid by taxpayer money which is not done in the Philippines.

If my family still lived in San Francisco, CA, I would never send my kids to public school. If I have to, I would take a second job to be able to send them to private school. Not all public schools in the US are good. Often, you don't have a choice which one to go to. I won't be allowed to send my kids to a better public school at another city unless I move there.

I had mentioned in previous threads about safety that I had been assaulted in San Francisco. It was a nice and sunny day. After having lunch, I went out for a walk. There was a gathering of public schools at City Hall. Four teenagers from that gathering took a stroll on Grove Street. It all happened quickly. As they passed by, they looked at each other and then decided to grab my purse. They pushed me, I fell on my hip (from which I got a nasty bruise), and scraped my arm on the sidewalk. I yelled for help, a guard at the parking lot saw us, the students ran away. Fine products of US public school. If they were willing to commit assault and battery to a stranger in broad daylight, they could do this in school.

There's a very good public high school in San Francisco, If you graduate here, you have a good chance of getting accepted in the university of your choice. But the school has very low acceptance percentage. You have to have excellent grades (as in straight A's), actively participated in extra curriculars, and pass strict standards and testing. And guess who have the best chances of getting accepted? Graduates of private middle schools .

I am sorry to hear that such a thing happened to you FilAmericanMom,  :(

I guess there are pros and cons everywhere. Some public school standards may not be good, but some are very good too. I went to a public school in high school and yet (modesty aside!) I excelled in college. The secret there is the student himself/herself. Do not depend on school teachings alone.  Keep on reading. Educate one's self. Have the discipline to focus on what needs to be done. And to the parents here, do not pressure your kids, rather, motivate and encourage. Make them see the endpoint and fruits of labor by giving one's best in whatever they do.

I remember my daughter feeling bad about an exam because she was so bent on getting honors.  I  never pressured her.  In fact I said, "Don't focus on getting honors. I never asked you. As long as you know that is the best you can do, then that is good. If your best merits an honor citation, then that is a bonus." Just make them see the importance of what they are doing, the impact of it on their future. Encourage, motivate.  :top:

You are exactly right about the young people in the USA today. It is the product of an excessive liberal policy toward the discipline of children.They don't respect you, they don't respect me, they don't respect themselves, how can we expect them to respect anyone or anything else. The USA has to change or goodbye to the red, white and blue.

vetretreat wrote:
katefs4 wrote:

University of the Philippines (Diliman, QC is the main campus)
Ateneo de Manila

That's just great!!...I am aware of 2 of those schools and are only affordable for the upper class mainstream of the P.I...

Do not generalize, vetretreat. I graduated from Ateneo De Manila University. Sure, more than half of the student population were from upper-middle to upper class families. But there was a considerable percentage of students coming from middle class families, as well as scholars,and students from low income who were given grants by companies such as Meralco. But then again, I graduated over 20 years ago. I don't know if things have changed since then.

vetretreat wrote:

Go into most Philippine department stores or grocers and buy something for 70 pesos and give 100 note and the majority have to use a calculator to figure the simple change of 30 pesos and many of those individuals are supposedly high school and college grads.

First of all, department stores require their cashiers to use a cash register which displays and prints out, for YOUR benefit, how much change you should get.

How many times have you gone shopping at department stores or grocers / supermarkets? I find that cashiers at these places are actually good at computing. They try as much as they can to keep as much coins in their register. So, say I buy something for 40.25 pesos and I hand over 50 pesos, the cash register will show that my change is 9.75. The cashier would ask first if  I have an extra 25 centavos, so they can give me 10 pesos in change and avoid losing their 25 centavo and other lower denomination coins. Or if I don't have 50.25, they would say that 51 pesos would also be ok, to save some of their 1 peso coins. Or some might even ask if I have 100.25 instead of 50.25, so they can give me 3 pieces of 20-peso bills instead 10 pesos in coin/s.

It does take a bit of time to search one's wallet or purse for coins, and might hold up the line. From my experience, the only franchise store in the Philippines that always has the coins the cashiers need to give as change is Starbucks.

I agree FilAmericanMon, no matter how easy to calculate the change by a cashier, thee need to punch it in the cash register to record it! not because they can't compute it. so MR Vetretreat..it is not because they can't compute..they are REQUIRED to punch it into the cash register...it is a no-brainer.

vetretreat wrote:

You're right...I forgot I was transported to earth from the planet Neptune...My grandfather Xersus of Uropia just informed me...

Of course you are an alien. Otherwise you would not need an ACR card.

But there are theories that life, or at least the building blocks of life, on this planet may not have originated here, but from outer space. The study was done by prominent universities in the US, funded by US government and paid for by taxpayers.

:offtopic:

vetretreat wrote:

I would never ever consider educating my children by a teaching staff who were themselves taught by such low standards of academics...Most teachers in the Philippines were taught in substandard colleges offering secondary education degrees and not in accredited universities...Even my own Filipino wife who has a Secondary Education degree with a major in English and passed in the top 10 percentile of her class actually only has a reading level equivalent  to that of an 8th or 9th grade level of the US, Japan, Korea or most 1st and 2nd world nations...Her being in the top 10 percent I would wonder how the rest of the class fared in their quest to become teachers of any kind of quality....

It's one thing to voice out your views and criticize the education standards in the Philippines. And another thing to mention the shortcomings of your wife. The latter is truly rude and disrespectful of your wife. Where were you educated?

FilAmericanMom wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

I would never ever consider educating my children by a teaching staff who were themselves taught by such low standards of academics...Most teachers in the Philippines were taught in substandard colleges offering secondary education degrees and not in accredited universities...Even my own Filipino wife who has a Secondary Education degree with a major in English and passed in the top 10 percentile of her class actually only has a reading level equivalent  to that of an 8th or 9th grade level of the US, Japan, Korea or most 1st and 2nd world nations...Her being in the top 10 percent I would wonder how the rest of the class fared in their quest to become teachers of any kind of quality....

It's one thing to voice out your views and criticize the education standards in the Philippines. And another thing to mention the shortcomings of your wife. The latter is truly rude and disrespectful of your wife. Where were you educated?

I agree...you, Mr Vetretreat, seem to be very condescending and to your wife even! Then why marry her? If you cannot speak well of your wife then might as well not marry her.
Education is not purely academics..but more importantly..how we apply it in real life...in our manners and decorum.  So yeah I pose the same question...Where were you educated?

FilAmericanMom wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

That's just great!!...I am aware of 2 of those schools and are only affordable for the upper class mainstream of the P.I...

Do not generalize, vetretreat. I graduated from Ateneo De Manila University. Sure, more than half of the student population were from upper-middle to upper class families. But there was a considerable percentage of students coming from middle class families, as well as scholars,and students from low income who were given grants by companies such as Meralco. But then again, I graduated over 20 years ago. I don't know if things have changed since then.

Around 17 to 18% of the Ateneo De Manila University college population currently enjoy various scholarship support. [Not necessarily 100%]

Current Fees are:

Tuition and Fees per Year SY 2015-2016 (semestral)
64,352.00 Tuition
12,271.25 Basic Fees        
12,497.15 Other Fees        

That's about 180,000 pesos per year.  Almost the average annual Filipino salary.

vetretreat wrote:

Children in 1st and 2nd world nations learn what moves the tides when in 5th or 6th grade and children of those nations aren't asked to garden and police trash on school grounds like I have witnessed in the Philippines...

While children from 1st world are taught theory and concepts, here in the Philippines, children are also taught to be independent and understand the realities of life: Do not wait for others to do things that you can do by yourself. You see a weed, pull it. You see trash, pick it up and put it in the trash can. You want to see nice plants and flowers in your school, help in planting them. The school is on a tight budget. Janitors are limited, if there are any. So, help as much as you can in keeping your area tidy and swiftly sweeping the floor after your class.

FilAmericanMom and katefs4..TALK ABOUT GENERALIZATION!!! First of all, I was in no way disrespectful of my wife...I had mentioned she finished in the TOP 10 % of her class in a college which teaches SUBSTANDARD ACADEMICS..Being she did finish in the top 10% I would consider that a compliment for my spouse and she was proud of that fact..It's not her fault she had to attend a school whose teachers were mostly IGNORANTand ACADEMICALLY UNFIT...My wife is very intelligent and one of very good moral character and would never attack anyone as you two have chosen to do by twisting the words of others so to justify you wishy washy sense of logic...Example: Filamerican chooses to attack a statement made about Area 51 where alien life is supposedly harbored...Perhaps you had no clue as to what I was referring to in the first place...You two women are bent on attacking any Expat who would say anything negative about a 3RD WORLD NATION which used to be a 2ND WORLD NATION...A NATION WHICH RECEIVES BILLIONS OF PESOS IN AID, YOLANDA DONATIONS AND MANY OTHER DISASTER DONATIONS(Even declared its own emergency disaster fund of 1 billion pesos unconstitutional after Yolanda and froze the funds from being released to victims), 12.5% SALES TAX(one of the highest in the world), NEVER ENDING FEES FOR IMMIGRATION EXPENSES AND EVEN NOW THEY ARE GOING TO TAX THE CONTENTS OF BALIKBAYAN BOXES OF ITS OWN OFW'S AS WELL AS FOREIGNERS...Most of the money received is never used for its intended purposes like the Yolanda fund which now is being offered to the thousands who lost their homes as a loan at 10% interest..Billions of pesos which could be used to upgrade all public schools, roads, etc...Another example of the lack of concern for education in this country: 25 computers donated to an elementary school of which more than half were stolen and sold or used by the staff for their own personal use...I'm sorry you ladies use your energy to attack people who have witnessed so much corruption instead of using that energy to try to actively voice you concerns with your own governments and try to change the way the nation is ran...All the POOR UNEDUCATED PEOPLE OF THIS NATION would be greatly appreciable if the so called educated people of this nation would go to bat for them and improve their quality of life...With your so called great education what are you doing to improve the future of a nation which has only gone backwards in the last 3 or 4 decades...

FilAmericanMom wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

Children in 1st and 2nd world nations learn what moves the tides when in 5th or 6th grade and children of those nations aren't asked to garden and police trash on school grounds like I have witnessed in the Philippines...

While children from 1st world are taught theory and concepts, here in the Philippines, children are also taught to be independent and understand the realities of life: Do not wait for others to do things that you can do by yourself. You see a weed, pull it. You see trash, pick it up and put it in the trash can. You want to see nice plants and flowers in your school, help in planting them. The school is on a tight budget. Janitors are limited, if there are any. So, help as much as you can in keeping your area tidy and swiftly sweeping the floor after your class.

Understand the REALITIES OF LIFE, which is the Philippines is one of the trash capitals of the world from its streets to its rivers and beaches...All those children who were taught to weed and pick up trash I guess after they reach adulthood they had became exempt or just forgot the skills of weeding and picking up the unsightly trash seen throughout this BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY..Instead you will see many of them even dumping their trash over the railing of a bridge right into the rivers..."The school is on a tight budget" is because the funds which were meant for the school are off and running some enterprise for those who stole it in the first place...BEING A FILIPINO FILAMERICANMOM, GO OUT AND USE YOUR EDUCATION TO HELP CHANGE YOUR NATION FOR THE BETTER INSTEAD OF DEFENDING WHAT HAS UNDOUBTEDLY WORSENED THE LAST 4 DECADES...If you dont then you are nothing more than part of the problem...

vetretreat wrote:

FilAmericanMom and katefs4..TALK ABOUT GENERALIZATION!!! First of all, I was in no way disrespectful of my wife...I had mentioned she finished in the TOP 10 % of her class in a college which teaches SUBSTANDARD ACADEMICS..Being she did finish in the top 10% I would consider that a compliment for my spouse and she was proud of that fact..It's not her fault she had to attend a school whose teachers were mostly IGNORANTand ACADEMICALLY UNFIT...My wife is very intelligent and one of very good moral character and would never attack anyone as you two have chosen to do by twisting the words of others so to justify you wishy washy sense of logic...Example: Filamerican chooses to attack a statement made about Area 51 where alien life is supposedly harbored...Perhaps you had no clue as to what I was referring to in the first place...You two women are bent on attacking any Expat who would say anything negative about a 3RD WORLD NATION which used to be a 2ND WORLD NATION...A NATION WHICH RECEIVES BILLIONS OF PESOS IN AID, YOLANDA DONATIONS AND MANY OTHER DISASTER DONATIONS(Even declared its own emergency disaster fund of 1 billion pesos unconstitutional after Yolanda and froze the funds from being released to victims), 12.5% SALES TAX(one of the highest in the world), NEVER ENDING FEES FOR IMMIGRATION EXPENSES AND EVEN NOW THEY ARE GOING TO TAX THE CONTENTS OF BALIKBAYAN BOXES OF ITS OWN OFW'S AS WELL AS FOREIGNERS...Most of the money received is never used for its intended purposes like the Yolanda fund which now is being offered to the thousands who lost their homes as a loan at 10% interest..Billions of pesos which could be used to upgrade all public schools, roads, etc...Another example of the lack of concern for education in this country: 25 computers donated to an elementary school of which more than half were stolen and sold or used by the staff for their own personal use...I'm sorry you ladies use your energy to attack people who have witnessed so much corruption instead of using that energy to try to actively voice you concerns with your own governments and try to change the way the nation is ran...All the POOR UNEDUCATED PEOPLE OF THIS NATION would be greatly appreciable if the so called educated people of this nation would go to bat for them and improve their quality of life...With your so called great education what are you doing to improve the future of a nation which has only gone backwards in the last 3 or 4 decades...

Hey you have no right to ask how we are doing to improve the life ot others..you do not know what I am doing in life right now and i am helping small business owners grow.  You have all negative attacks is what we are saying..you did attack on the poor English of your wife you know you said her English level was only equivalent to grade 8th or 9th.

katefs4 wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

Hey you have no right to ask how we are doing to improve the life ot others..you do not know what I am doing in life right now and i am helping small business owners grow.  You have all negative attacks is what we are saying..you did attack on the poor English of your wife you know you said her English level was only equivalent to grade 8th or 9th.

A woman is a woman is a woman,...Apparently you don't read English very well either...I said my wife's English level was at an 8 to 9th grade level because it was the teachers who taught her who apparently were on the same level...Just as your own English is at a level other than a university level...quote: "You HAVE  ALL negative attacks IS what we are saying"Unquote....quote: "Hey you have no right to ask how(WHAT) we are DOING to improve the life of others" Unquote...Quote: "You did attack ON the poor English OF your wife YOU KNOW YOU SAID her English level was only equivalent to grade 8th or 9th" UNQUOTE,,,Even my wife's grammar is better than that...I am even more proud of my wife now, knowing your teachers even at the UNIVERSITY level are only teaching English at the 7th to 8th grade level...Now you  can report my posts and try and have them removed because you construe mine as an attack even though it is you who cannot construe others correctly and only view it as an attack upon your over rated education and intelligence...I commend you for helping those with capital in helping them pursue a career in small business...Perhaps a little of your time would be also beneficial in helping the less fortunate find jobs with those wanna be entrepreneurs...

vetretreat wrote:
katefs4 wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

A woman is a woman is a woman,...Apparently you don't read English very well either...I said my wife's English level was at an 8 to 9th grade level because it was the teachers who taught her who apparently were on the same level...Just as your own English is at a level other than a university level...quote: "You HAVE  ALL negative attacks IS what we are saying"Unquote....quote: "Hey you have no right to ask how(WHAT) we are DOING to improve the life of others" Unquote...Quote: "You did attack ON the poor English OF your wife YOU KNOW YOU SAID her English level was only equivalent to grade 8th or 9th" UNQUOTE,,,Even my wife's grammar is better than that...I am even more proud of my wife now, knowing your teachers even at the UNIVERSITY level are only teaching English at the 7th to 8th grade level...Now you  can report my posts and try and have them removed because you construe mine as an attack even though it is you who cannot construe others correctly and only view it as an attack upon your over rated education and intelligence...I commend you for helping those with capital in helping them pursue a career in small business...Perhaps a little of your time would be also beneficial in helping the less fortunate find jobs with those wanna be entrepreneurs...

FYI to say "You have all negative attacks is what we are saying"  IS RIGHT..because it is said as a COLLECTIVE PHRASE...read your English basics.  You attack people with education issues but true education is demeanor, which you could use more of...you have more negative than positive to say. I pity your wife.

But enough...I will not take you on in this argument. I will not stoop down to negativity like you do.  Life can be good depends on how people make of it.

katefs4 wrote:

But enough...I will not take you on in this argument. I will not stoop down to negativity like you do.  Life can be good depends on how people make of it.

Sorry you have already made the argument and sorry to say you are wrong again on your English grammar...Quote: "You HAVE ALL negative attacks is what we are saying" Unquote...I cannot own, possess, hold ALL NEGATIVE ATTACKS...I suggest you look up the verb "HAVE" and reevaluate your English grammar...Your statement should had read: You ONLY USE, USE ONLY, or You MAKE ONLY, ONLY MAKE negative attacks...Once again I stress, my wife's grammar even though it is only at a 9th grade /1st WORLD NATION level it is far better than yours...My wife is sitting by my side and smiling as I send this text to you and has just given me a kiss on the cheek as a reward...

"True education is demeanor" PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!...

vetretreat wrote:
katefs4 wrote:

Sorry you have already made the argument and sorry to say you are wrong again on your English grammar...Quote: "You HAVE ALL negative attacks is what we are saying" Unquote...I cannot own, possess, hold ALL NEGATIVE ATTACKS...I suggest you look up the verb "HAVE" and reevaluate your English grammar...Your statement should had read: You ONLY USE, USE ONLY, or You MAKE ONLY, ONLY MAKE negative attacks...Once again I stress, my wife's grammar even though it is only at a 9th grade /1st WORLD NATION level it is far better than yours...My wife is sitting by my side and smiling as I send this text to you and has just given me a kiss on the cheek as a reward...

For your information that grammar is right...I am an expert author of Ezine Articles Magazine..and you cannot be an expert author there if you do not have good English..that is a collective phrase as I have said..

Anyway look at your posts and look at mine and FilAmerican Moms...see who keeps on blabbering with very lengthy posts!!!! no thanks!

As this thread is now running off topic I ask that everyone please take note and get back on topic before the thread is closed.
Thank you.

I agree

katefs4 wrote:
vetretreat wrote:
katefs4 wrote:

For your information that grammar is right...I am an expert author of Ezine Articles Magazine..and you cannot be an expert author there id you do not have good English..that is a collective phrase as I have said..

Anyway look at your posts and look at mine and FilAmerican Moms...see who keeps on blabbering with very lengthy posts!!!! no thanks!

I suggest you go and ask any reputable  English Professor the use of the verb "HAVE"...I know of one who has already told me you are totally incorrect...No way can I own or possess negative attacks...I pity the magazine you are writing for and will drop a line to Ezine Articles with your incorrect grammar as well as the other quotes which were incorrect also...Of which you have yet to respond as to there correctness...The grammar and sentence structure within those other quotes you stated are at the very best 7th grade level...

vetretreat wrote:
katefs4 wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

For your information that grammar is right...I am an expert author of Ezine Articles Magazine..and you cannot be an expert author there id you do not have good English..that is a collective phrase as I have said..

I suggest you go and ask any reputable  English Professor the use of the verb "HAVE"...I know of one who has already told me you are totally incorrect...No way can I own or possess negative attacks...I pity the magazine you are writing for and will drop a line to Ezine Articles with your incorrect grammar as well as the other quotes which were incorrect also...Of which you have yet to respond as to there correctness...The grammar within those other quotes you stated are at the very best 7th grade level...

YOU HAVE is always the pair you know...

katefs4 wrote:
vetretreat wrote:
katefs4 wrote:

I suggest you go and ask any reputable  English Professor the use of the verb "HAVE"...I know of one who has already told me you are totally incorrect...No way can I own or possess negative attacks...I pity the magazine you are writing for and will drop a line to Ezine Articles with your incorrect grammar as well as the other quotes which were incorrect also...Of which you have yet to respond as to there correctness...The grammar within those other quotes you stated are at the very best 7th grade level...

I will not take you on this discussion..clearly you just want to get back at us.  You are the one blabbering on and on.

katefs4 wrote:
katefs4 wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

I will not take you on this discussion..clearly you just want to get back at us.  You are the one blabbering on and on.

Sorry vetretreat...I have about 20 articles there...alll gone through heavy screening. :)

stumpy wrote:

As this thread is now running off topic I ask that everyone please take note and get back on topic before the thread is closed.
Thank you.

It is on topic stumpy..."Problems with accuracy in Filipino schools"...Both Filamerican and Katsf4 were educated in the Philippines and it is obvious one of them did not receive the proper education even at a University level...Hence the accuracy if academics in the schools is questionable...To threaten to shut down the thread is uncalled for and I would report such an act to the founder of the company as I have done in the past...Thanks...

Furthermore the two ladies in question attacked my character for stating my wife's education was only at a 9th grade level...Even my wife admittedly states that and described to me how inefficient the teaching staff was at her so called accredited Provincial college...The thread is asking feedback on both the negative and positive sides of education in the Philippines and I have chosen to speak mostly of the negative which is highly warranted being there is so much ignorance in the country...

vetretreat wrote:
stumpy wrote:

Thank you.

It is on topic stumpy..."Problems with accuracy in Filipino schools"...Both Filamerican and Katsf4 were educated in the Philippines and it is obvious one of them did not receive the proper education even at a University level...Hence the accuracy if academics in the schools is questionable...To threaten to shut down the thread is uncalled for and I would report such an act to the founder of the company as I have done in the past...Thanks...

Furthermore the two ladies in question attacked my character for stating my wife's education was only at a 9th grade level...Even my wife admittedly states that and described to me how inefficient and the teaching staff was at her so called accredited Provincial college...The thread is asking feedback on both the negative and positive sides of education in the Philippines and I have chosen to speak mostly of the negative which is highly warranted being there is so much ignorance in the country...

For your information ...look at the thread...you are the one who initiated personal attacks...even up to your last post...all negative. Look at your posts and ours...who is blabbering? I rest my case.

The initial opening statement says many people in the country hate being CORRECTED...kates4 is most definitely guilty of not accepting criticism which only substantiates the founder of the tread, dondee31...

vetretreat wrote:

The initial opening statement says many people in the country hate being CORRECTED...kates4 is most definitely guilty of not accepting criticism which only substantiates the founder of the tread...

I never contested your attack on the country, means you have a point...but to blabber on down to personal attacks....whatever,..I will not take you on this discussion..like Stumpy said..thread is getting off topic.

Closed