Where can I find the best suits in Colombo ?

I would like to get some advice and guidance from those of you with a good sartorial sense.

Where can I get well-cut and good quality men's formal / business suits in Colombo ? Name of the outlet / mall would be a great help.

And no, I am not looking at brands like Gucci, Armani, Yves Saint-Laurent, Prada, Savile Row and the likes.

I am also looking for someone knowledgeable enough in the shop to guide me on what suit would be best worn for what occasion  like a blazer, 2-piece suit, 3-piece suit, single-breasted, double-breasted, et al. And I suppose the suit shop would have a good collection of ties too. Am I asking for too much ?!?

Many thanks for your assistance.

I am not sure what is to be worn when but I am sure the guys in this shop can be of some help.

You can buy or custom make suits / blazers from Hameediyya. The shop is located in Galle Road, Colombo-4 . Shop is on sea side of the road. It's like 4 floors and you can make some good choices and not too expensive considering top brands.

Many thanks makhma for your suggestion.

Will certainly visit this place.

If I spend a lot of money here I will tell you and you go and demand a cut from them for referring me ! LOL !

Try The Raymond Store

Thanks a lot Wilson.

It's here :

Fabric, The Raymond Shop
11-A ALFRED PLACE
Duplication Road
Colombo, Sri Lanka

@ Wilson / makhma,

I looked at the address further ... and rather curiously the email id is [email protected] - that's the same name of the shop which is given by makhma above !!

I wonder if they both are one and the same !

wills and envoy sorry for the short reply.. In a hurry

Thanks rhian666.

Will try and Google Wills and Envoy for more details.

@ rhian666 ... tried googling for Wills and Envoy, but no luck !

Tried various other combinations too, yet still no leads !

Try Hameedia which is the best and comparatively cheaper to the brands you mentioned. They do have more than 10 branches, check the above link to visit the closest one.

Thanks a lot arshad_bes for sharing the information.

Seems like Hameedia is the place to visit - the verdict is pretty unanimous !

Thanks all for your helpful advice, guidance and suggestions. Greatly appreciate it !

dear friend, Kindly look in to below link, would help you. sorry for the late reply. Take care

@ rhian666 ... missed the URL ?

Am going to Hameedia this morning.

My comments will be posted here for all your information soon.

http://www.willsdesign.lk

sorry for my stupidity

@ makhma, rhiann666,Wilson, arshad_bes ... guys you've all been just wonderful. Thank you !

Today I went to Hameedia's flagship store in Colombo 03. It was perfect for my requirements. The staff there were helpful and I took my time trying and choosing the different suits. Made some very good purchases too. I am more than satisfied and I would not have been without all your help and assistance. Thanks all one more time.