Own a three storey house @ HCMC

What is the criteria for own a house@ HCMC.

Any lawyer can recommend?

Thanks.

Foreigner cannot own a house or property in Vietnam but can buy apartment. Check old threads about the same topic in this forum for details.
Also you can check below:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 67#1044890

i think you have malaysian frends here will help you to answer !
otherwise you should have vns friends help for own a house or land...
you need a legal name to register for living...
good luck!..

Dear Mr HKTAN 17,
With newest Vietnam law, foreigner can buy land, house, apartment in Viet Nam (long time leasing 50 years), but you must prove some condition:
1. You are investor in Viet Nam, you've got an company/ You are an expert, you are working for a company, got labor contract, deatail salary report.
2. Living in Viet Nam at lest 3 month (it so easy)
That is two condition you must prove, if you want to own a realestate in Viet Nam
Another way to own realestate in Viet Nam is marriage with a Vietnamese
Vietnam goverment is open nowaday, so it's easy to own an property
Good luck!

Yes, so basically if your single and dont meet that criteria you cant buy its as easy as that.VN government make changes, but its always full of red tape, thats why hardly anyone buys a property here.

If you want to own a property two years ago, it is really difiicult, but it's very easy. Let check with your expert or your frends...
I am a real estate broker in Ho Chi Minh city, so we update new law every day!

Yes but the way your saying it its very easy, but its not as I looked into it. Too many hurdles to jump over.

Depends whose eyes you are looking through as to whether it is easy or hard. Read a few of the forum posts on the subject. In reality it is not cut and dried.

http://thanhniennews.com/society/vietna … s-260.html

Expats who lived minimum 1 year know very well about the laws and approach of officials towards them.
In paper, it's simple but when you want some documents... you know well that how did you obtain or how much you suffer for that... even for a simple visa extension  :)
Then how about own a property here? or a house?
For me, it sounds like "the Sword of Damocles"  :)

Yeah, realtors always happy to receive a foreigner to bottle him/her to squeeze  :)
And many foreigners agree with your terms without a rethink or even a little bargain!
As a result, now the market is ruling by real estate mafia and commoners are in trouble to get a shelter to live  :)
They squeeze as much as they can so they will get 1-2 month of the rent as their brokerage from the landlord.
And expats! You guys think it's 'free service' from the part of realtors  :)

minhlam wrote:

I am a real estate broker in Ho Chi Minh city, so we update new law every day!

:) 
http://oivietnam.com/2013/10/thinking-o … n-vietnam/

You should read the article below carefully
http://www.thanhnien.com.vn/pages/20140 … -hung.aspx (Vietnamese edition, you should used google translate).
That is a new law!

Thanks for the link but you should understand until now how many foreigners 'leased' house  :)
And how long it took her and how much she run after it.

Em oi!
Here is the English version published by PMHDC.
http://www.phumyhung.com.vn/en/news/gen … 5LWWEBqOKE
It's just an apartment. Not a house with land  :)
As I stated earlier, of course foreigner can 'lease' (not buy) apartment if they meet certain criteria.
But still I don't think they can buy land and build house.

Hi,
Phu My Hung is an new urban, it has got apartment, villa, house and land for sale.
Please reread the article

I didn't see anyone bought land  :)
Can you show me?

minhlam wrote:

Hi,
Phu My Hung is an new urban, it has got apartment, villa, house and land for sale.
Please reread the article

Hi ! why don't you rent a house/ land up to 50 years .by then, you might become a half -citizen viet nam ?  :D let the landlord do the paper work ,register..and get what you need, you only need the lawyer when some thing happen, i think ,good luck   :cheers:

Very good advise  :)

Those that bought in PMH all went through the PMH land corporation that has a lot of sway with government officials, if they didnt go through the land corporation I doubt it would of been so easy. Viet Nam is bogged down with beuracratic paperwork.

colinoscapee wrote:

Those that bought in PMH all went through the PMH land corporation that has a lot of sway with government officials, if they didnt go through the land corporation I doubt it would of been so easy. Viet Nam is bogged down with beuracratic paperwork.

Yes, I see PMH Corp advertising helping Viet Kieu (non-citizens) "buying" land but it's not what it seems. If people actually want their children to inherit this land if/when something happens, I'd forget the "buying" (50 year lease) process. Better just to reclaim citizenship if you're a VK. For all others, wouldn't even bother until Vietnam changes the laws down the road.

Thanks your reply. I getting marry with vietname girl soon, after that i can purchase a 3 storey house under her and my name. is that allow by government?

can you pm your skype, wechat for advise?

thanks in advance.

sadly, i wish to get a house near quan 7... i don't care abt the 50 years, but i care if i can have joint name with my wife with a 3 storey house.

:unsure

hktan17 wrote:

What is the criteria for own a house@ HCMC.

Any lawyer can recommend?

Thanks.

Dear,

From July 2015 foreigners were allowed to buy property in Vietnam, begin of 2016 the law was clearly announced foreigners were bough industrial apartment, which means that you are buying apartments in urban areas and the industrial housing( ex apartments from investors as Phu My Hung, nova land, etc.
The criteria to buy :
passports + visas + temporary residence card or temporary residence book

It is same when you buy second hand apartment. Its simple.

Best regards

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promoting services and contact infos on the forum is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

why on earth would you buy a property in Vietnam when you don't actually own it ? It is a long term 50 year lease...you can on sell the property, but your rights as an owner are basically zero imo i.e you as a foreigner would have less rights than a Vietnamese owner. So say they (the government) have to reclaim the land would you feel confident you would receive a similar refund for a 50 year lease title compared to a true owner.

just a quick question...

when a Vietnamese buys property do they own the land as well even if just a strata share ?

panda7 wrote:

why on earth would you buy a property in Vietnam when you don't actually own it ? It is a long term 50 year lease...you can on sell the property, but your rights as an owner are basically zero imo i.e you as a foreigner would have less rights than a Vietnamese owner. So say they (the government) have to reclaim the land would you feel confident you would receive a similar refund for a 50 year lease title compared to a true owner.

just a quick question...when a Vietnamese buys property do they own the land as well even if just a strata share ?

"when a Vietnamese buys property do they own the land as well even if just a strata share ?"

Essentially, No. All they get is a 50 year lease.

Note, the leases tend to be renewable and "Spirit Houses" come under a different set of rules.