Where/ How to find a good apartment/ house in Saigon.

Hi all,
I post this topic that might help many expats who are living in saigon or are about to live here.
1. Where to live?
Apartments/ houses are every where in saigon where there are 12 districts of numbers ( district 1,2...12)and others name by character ( Phu Nhuan, Tan Binh...).
District 1 is center of Saigon where mostly financial companies, international offices or vietnamese big companies, good restaurants, luxury shops, best hotels ... are located! Even backpackers area is here. District 1 is only abt 10 km from the airport, half hour drive!
Most expats live in district 1, or districts nearby such as :
- district 1 is central saigon, most expensive location, most convenient location where you can find every thing. Expensive house/ apartments or average small space apartments...space is narrower than other districts if the same rent pay.
- district 2 , east of district 1 for expensive villas, apartments! Mostly werstern love this area, 10 minutes drive to district 1.
- District 7, south of district 1, 25 minutes drive to district 1. Here is the modernest zone, high  expensive apartments, Phu my Hung villas, restaurants... most korean and many western teachers, businessman and international students...live here.
- however , districts nearly, locally: binh  Thanh( north east of district 1), Phu Nhuan ( Northern), district 3 ( next to Phu Nhuan, Northern of district 1), District 10( next to District 3, North west) , district 5( western) . Rent a whole house or share a room with the landlord or with renters ...the price is cheaper than district 1,2,7. Most English Teachers love this areas, near their schools and live with locals! It takes 10-20 minutes to drive to district 1.

All information is not 100% exact, but can give you some ideal places.

2. How to find a good home?
You have to find out the person you trust and know much about houses/ apartments/ services/ facility. This can help you a general view.

There are many ways to find a home
- ask your local friend to get help.
- search an agent to get help, go to a local transaction floor both international or local agency.
- read local housing column on newspaper/ magazine/ real estate companies...sure if you know a little Vietnamese
- ask your international friends who got experience.
Most importantly you compare the price, the deposit, deposit back, article in agreement, attitude of the landlord, the neighbours, parking, time in,  the distance to your working place, the distance to your regular  places, where more secure place is. Notice that flood areas, drug addicted streets, nearby markets, safe streets at night time( house fence, gate, wiring, plant vases putting outside... You can know this)

I hope this can help you a little bit.
There remain hundred things to consider for a good home! But these points can basically help you some points! ( hoho my English need to improve more, you read and predict, imagine a bit more , you can understand better my topic )

IF YOU CAN NOT FIND ANY PERSON TO SUPPORT YOU, I AM PLEASED TO HELP YOU FREE AT ANY TIME! Do it my best.
This way can help me to learn English also!

Have a good time all!
An Nguyen

I'm a real estate broker, as far as I know foreigners love to live in Dist 7 and Dist 2, there are many villas and apartments for rent in these area, just contact any agents closing to where you want to live and they'll show you choices

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

[Moderated: No free ad]

:)  Nice marketing!

Hello Ansaigon08,

Thank you for this great thread! I am sure it will help a lot of Expats or tourists who plan to come by Saigon!

As you see charmavietnam, our moderators are always around to tackle issues such as Free ads  :mad::proud

Best Regards

Kenjee