PLEASE HELP

My husband is currently working in Jubail.  He would like us to relocate to Jubail.  I have three children, 2 teenage daughters and a 9 yr old son. 
As far as I can see there is very little freedom for woman there.  I see that schooling is also very expensive. 

Please can somebody living there from RSA contact me.  I desperately need advise and information.

I live in Jubail...

Nowhere in KSA is there GREAT freedom for a woman, but many find a satisfying life here.

There are several schools in the area, prices can generally be found by checking out the various websites.  My boss when to an open house last night at Dharhan High and was very impressed by the organization and attention to detail (National Honor Society, extra curricular activities, et al).

In my particular villa there are several families with kids around the age of yours; teens (boy and girls) and younger ones, like your son.

I can understand your husband wanting his family near him...and it isn't the hell you might imagine it to be.  You can build a decent life here...but it isn't home and never will be.

Please feel free to ask anything you would like...I will do my best to steer you right.

There is much to look down upon here, but being together, as a family, can make all the difference in the world.  Really.

being together, as a family, can make all the difference in the world

Amen to THAT.  Wish mine was here.

I know a number of people that have their families with them, and their lives, compared to others are much more satisfying and rewarding.

I envy them and hope that Mandy and her family can find a way to be together.

Regarding school, Mandy, does your husband's employer offer educational benefits?  Many do for expatriate employees, especially at the managerial or expertise level.

I think bringing teenager is a very difficult decision.  I agree if family able to be together this is always better.

I'd look very carefully at schools though and probe them on:
1. about qualifications of staff (many international schools have staff without teaching qualifications)
2. curriculum and subject range.  Do these fit what your children will require for tertiary entry in courses of their choice in your home country.
3. results of the schools students on external examinations .

I know a number of families with teenagers where the wife and children live in Bahrain (I'm told school standard is higher there)

check from your husband, if the employer provides and supports children education in british or american schools, then shall be ok, otherwise half the salary shall go to education bill as the annual school fees per child are around 12-15 thousand dollars. if education, medical, housing and family travel is provided by employer, you can adjust here, there are many families living, and social life is of acceptable level for moderate families....