so i am wondering if i should just fly to Norway,
stay for a week and try to meet possible employers
directly?
i would greatly appreciate if anyone would share
their thoughts or experiences that i should know
about before i go.
thanks,
Alan.

Norwegians are not good at replying - so don't feel bad.  It takes a while to get a reply.  Meeting people always helps.  Just go and talk to them so they have a face with the name.  I'm looking myself and the only work I have gotten here is when I went there and talked to them face-to-face, now I just substitute if someone is sick or on vacation.  It is better than nothing. 

Keep your head up and try to get some people on the phone since you are not in the country.  Talking is better than just writing. 

Good Luck!

If you send out a covering letter with your CV, write on it that you will be in touch with them by phone on such-and-such a date, at such-and-such a time, and that if that's inconvenient, they should get back to you first.

Then, if they don't get back to you, actually follow up, and have something impressive to talk to them about (job related, of course).

Hi one important thing that Norwegian employers look out for is that you can speak and write Norwegian. If you could boast that, or go for lessons, you might have a better chance of a reply. Also, the Norwegian companies take 2-3 weeks to reply an application, seems like the standard duration, so be patient!

First off, you need Norwegian language basics, if not proficiency...

Second, you get 10 no's or maybe even more before you get a 'yes'. Or worse, you won't get a reply at all.

If you go here without a surefire job waiting for you, it's not a bad idea, but not good either. Things can get so expensive here, u know.

Patience is a virtue, who knows maybe one of these days, you'll get a reply. Keep it up!

hello there /My name is Yasser /I know that nobody will help me to have work in Norway/Iam Egyptian live in Poland 33 years old/but I havnot luck  realy my EMAIL is [email protected]

hi im from jakarta n i will be stay in norway vadso soon with my bf but i have probleme for making friends there n i need some jon anyjob welcome to me cos bored without job ..pls help if u know some information, thanks

Hello Jakartagirl :)

Welcome to Expat-blog.

For job prospects, you could also post an advert under Norway classifieds and for more professionalism, even upload your Cv.

For social networking, view the Norway expat network.

Regards,
Sheetul