Moving to Madrid

I am moving to Madrid at the end of September and looking for work as an English teacher (TEFL).
I am a Law graduate with 25 years experience - General/Business English etc and have a CELT, Graduate Diploma in TESOL etc. I would welcome any advice or assistance anyone can offer.

Hi, I'm interested in moving to Madrid too - I wish I could give you some information - but, I do have a few questions :).

I'm an American, multiple degrees, semi-retired, working on my TESL certification, at the basic level. I've taught in Saudi Arabia, and in Yemen however in schools and privately. I speak Arabic, but only rudimentary Spanish :(

My questions are these: do you recommend a type of TESL certification? Do I need a Master Certification? Is "in-class" superior to "online" when it comes to desirability and marketability of your certification?

I hear different information depending upon countries, and would like to get my information from a graduate's perspective.

Best regards,
Kabdu

In Ireland you need to have 6 hours approved teaching experience to work in the recognized sector - that means a CELTA or CELT (the Irish equivalent). That effectively rules out an online course. Personally speaking I found that the online course I did initially was better than the supposed practical qualification I later got. Many schools/colleges only accept Trinity diplomas and DELTA seems to be the prerequisite for management jobs these days.

[moderated: pls use the job section. Thanks.]

Thanks so much for this information, and good luck in Madrid