Proposition of date and place to gather!

As many discussions have been started with a gathering, I think it would be easier if everybody suggests a date and place in this unique discussion… ?

I'm free whenever you want and I don't have a preference for the place. :)

well, how about weekend? :)

This Saturday ? Rather for dinner/drink or only have a drink ?

Hi all

thanks for organization Terry, sounds good.
I don't have any preference for the place too as I will just arrive in SUB for the first time this Saturday... so will be fine anywhere for me!
However not sure to be able to join you, especially at 6pm, cause will just land in SUB end of afternoon.
Let's see

I think that 6pm is too early anyway… Especially for saturday. I would rather propose 7:30pm or 8pm ? In Europe, we normally have dinner at 8-9pm on the week-end but I know that the culture is different here, so I propose to cut in two and choose 7:30 ?

Once again, every suggestions are welcome… if everybody prefers earlier, it's ok for me :)

So, is there anything planned for this saturday ? Where/When ?
Who can join?

see u

I'm ok to go to Bon Café and have drink at the loop ? Maybe M'club after that ?
It should not be too far for everybody and the food is correct.
I'm waiting for your suggestions… :)

Terry

how about sutos, guys?
have you guys have ever been there?
if you take a taxi from supermall, it only takes 15 minutes to get there :)
sutos (surabaya town square) it's actually an entertaining mall. they only have 1 or 2 boutique, just 1 book store, two pub, a billiard place, and more than 20 cafe and restaurant that you can choose. So, if you guys want to hangout for get some drink, I think sutos its the perfect place rather than supermall that actually a family mall :D

Where did we say that we wanted to hang out at the Supermall ? :)
I've been to Sutos of course. I don't mind where to go…

I thought about John. He said he usually go to pakuwon supermal :D

hahaha! sorry about that. it's because that's the only mall i know 5 mins away from my place.hehe and ciputra mall the one with the cool cinema. i haven't toured surabaya yet because i always get lost i'm really not good with directions. but I've been to this one place its called taman safari oh god its so beautiful animals there are so gorgeous i love them. :)

I never been taman safari :( So envy of you, John (as a surabaya local girl, somehow I feel shame of that).
By the way, have you guys went to malang? :D it's a city near surabaya. Small city, but they have lots of vacation place :)

John, how exactly you can get lost? are you not using a taxi?

Don't envy me.hehe someday you'll get to visit that place. in life, just go with the flow good things happen unexpectedly. :) 

It's because sometimes taxi drivers can't understand English and i can't understand Bahasa so i'm always having a hard time travelling alone. :(

Just a suggest : Chose a good taxi, Prefer : Blue bird (it's not a promotion), Write down in a paper your destination, where are going to go? and show to the taxi driver. :)

Hoping it can help

Nice one ariwahyudi. thank you very much for the advice. i wonder why i didn't think of that. hahaha cheers to you bro. :)

So guys, where, who, what and when ? :)

Terry

sutos is great i think, although i rare go there..sometimes there is music live every saturday night in there. But we need to choose which cafe we will meet, cos there are a lot of cafes in there and i dont remember any of them he2..or boncafe is good also but which place?about time..how about next week?on saturday night at 7 before dinner?if you confused to go to the direction maybe you can use hp gps or i can help you to go there if possible

If u guys r not busy at noon,we can visit zoo until evening and followed by dinner our local food...how bout that?

so agree with kevin :)but not surabaya's zoo, but taman safari :D

Have you ever been to G Walk, Citraland? It's a good place to hang out for locals and expats.

Well...John, maybe you can travelling in Surabaya with friends. So many beautiful places in here, such as Citraland, four faces Buddha temple, malls, etc. If you have local friends to go, you can go with bus maybe, it's cheaper than go with taxi.

Hi guys,

It's me, Nene. I've just remembered my password in this forum. :D

Anyway, the gathering was fun. We should meet up again next time. :)

Dear friends,
Does anybody wants to join us for gathering meet other expat friends on 14th september at 6pm, at loop? :)

Olaaa.. I think I missed the crowd here. Hi All!
Nene, same - I need to get new password here :)

I'll be in Surabaya next week. Unfortunately only for short visit in working days, but I'll be back and stay weeks longer. Any plan to hang out after Sept 19, count me in!

Wid

ok, if we have plan for next meeting, we would love to inform you soon :) nice to meet you too

Hello friends, :)

Well guyz I'm planning to to visit Indonesia and one of the place to visit is SUB, hope I can reach u guyz...

Wishing u all the best..
Ammar

wid wrote:

Olaaa.. I think I missed the crowd here. Hi All!
Nene, same - I need to get new password here :)

I'll be in Surabaya next week. Unfortunately only for short visit in working days, but I'll be back and stay weeks longer. Any plan to hang out after Sept 19, count me in!

Wid

mbak wid, how are you? been a long time since we've met! it's suprising to meet you again in this forum.. :D

about password, it's my weakness. whether in this forum or another one, i keep forgetting my password. :D

Hello guys..

I joined this site over than 1 year, and seem Surabaya so crowded now :) Glad to see that

anyway, if people want to know about Surabaya and the cultures itself.. I will be happy to show you around. if you love to see the historical trip in Surabaya, just hit me to ask :)

and if you love to visit volcanoes such as Bromo, Ijen and some other places, I can help you to arrange the trip.. Yes I did my freelance tourguide, but don't worry I will not charge you if you only asking about the info hehehe..

If you ask about cultures and heritages in Surabaya, so I am the right person you ask.. but if you ask about nightlife.. sorry no idea about that :D Hope you enjoy Surabaya guys

Cheers
Ericka

Grand City Mall probably, during this week :)

Cheers,
Himawan

yes great place to hang out and sight seeing the city :)

Is that still ok for everyone ? Tomorrow saturday 14th at the loop ?

Nene, Kevin, Me, and Randy will come at loop. How about others?

I would rather propose one of the rest/bar near "D'Stupid Baker" ! The Loop is old, stinks and very dirty!

I see..and where is the D'stupid baker? Sorry I never been that place before :)

Indeed D'Stupid Baker is clean n affordable price. Only know the one in Spazio - opposite PTC, don't know if any else in Surabaya.
Unfortunately, I can't join you all this week :(
Meanwhile, if anyone around in Kemang - Jakarta, let me know...

Enjoy weekend!:D

Yes in the Spazio, the big empty mall between the Macdo and Loop…
There are few resto and bar over there.

D'Stupid Baker sounds good. We can meet there and decide where to eat later. :)

ok, we can meet there..kevin informed me that he also can meet there. I will inform my friend Randy and others too

Ok but we will only meet in the stupid baker because this is not the place to have a drink…

Anybody have plan to meet up this weekend? Let me know...