Furniture shops

Hi there,

I've moved to Istanbul about 2 weeks ago and I will soon move into my permanent residence in Levent. Since it was impossible to find a furnished apartment with decent furniture, I chose to rent an unfurnished one.

Any tips on furniture shopping?
Where should I go? Ikea would only be plan B if I do not find anything better...
Is it possible to have it delivered. I'll be living in Kanyon, not sure how smoothly it can be delivered
Is it possible to have everything installed as well.

Any tips on getting wifi and tv (not fluent in Turkish yet, so preferably international channels) connected?

Looking forward to your tips

Molun

Hi,
All furniture sellers deliver and install it at your home .
You better go to masko and There you find about 1000 furniture shop.

I think Koçtaş would be a better choice than IKEA.. well, one of my friends recently renewed her furnitures. With some investigation i can get better info. just do not haste to decide

hi Molun,
about furniture you can go to modoko,masko,koctas,praktiker they are big furniture malls or you can also check smaler furnitures stores on the streets.
if u wanna get wifi,u can use vınn its a kind of usb device you just have to put that to your usb device and start to use.You can find that in turkcell or vodafone stores.Or you can apply to superonline,ttnet for wifi line in your flat.
and about tv you can buy it from teknosa,mediamart etc.but u need satellite for national channels.ıts also possible to find that in there.
good luck
Can

Thank you all for your kind suggestions. I will be going to modoko this weekend. Any tips on the target I should bargain? 20, 30, 50% off? :p

hey Mumuz,
actually i live close to Modoko so when u will go there,maybe i can help u on it.

Hello MUMUZ and welcome to Turkey:

While u shopping for Furniture , mind telling us about your exp in South Africa ( weather , people, food, business, quality of  life as compared to Turkey) As I always wanted to visit that country , so maybe you can offer some general insight.

thnx

Hello matt39nyc--> Please do not hesitate to choose a country you are interested in and start a new topic and ask your questions on the forum of the country. Thank you.

[p.s : Sorry for the off topic.]

Dear Mulun, if you have a residence number in Turkey you can go with it and also the residence paper where you live in İstanbul and your identity card to TTnet and get the wifi. Also for the TV it is the same . It can be satellite TV of Uydu net. I can help you in between. You can ask me :))

Best

Hi Molun, i just settled down too in Istanbul 1 month ago.Still a the hotel, looking for an appartment.
I justed started working there simultaneously with 20  of my colleagues.
Based on our experiences, most of them wanted a furnished appartment but as you said...very difficult to find something trendy...So most of us went to IKEA, buying furnitures overthere is not difficult but transportation is a problem, Ikea is using DHL, and a big part of the boxes ( and furniture) arrived damaged, several times...furthemore they are not reliable in terms of delivery dates....

Apparently, internet is very easy, and fast installed, they come to your appartment within 3 days.
Feel free to contact me if i can be of any help.

Bernard

Thank you all for your advice.
In the end I went to Modoko and got all the furniture I needed.I hope the delivery will be more trustworthy than Ikea :)

Thanks Can for your help!