Moving to Norway

Hey,
I will bee soon moving to Norway. I had graduated from University of Toronto with Honours. Bachelor of Arts - Specializing in English. What do I need to do in Norway to be a teacher? I heard of something called PPU (Bachelor of education)..........can anyone provide me more information about this.
Thanks

Welcome on Expat-blog Nisha! I have moved the thread on the Norway forum. I hope another member will be able to help you. :)

Best of luck!
Christine

My girlfriend is currently studying to be a teacher.  In order to be accepted to study teaching, you need to have two subjects which you have studied at university which you can teach.  For her, it's Norwegian and History.  In addition, you will need to be able to speak Norwegian (unless, perhaps, if you teach at an international school, but these are few and far between).

There are two kinds of teachers in Norway, those who have bachelors, and those who have masters.  A teacher with a masters is on a higher pay-grade than those with a bachelors.

If you have any specific questions, I can pass them on to my partner and see what she thinks.