Multi National Companies Norway Job Recruitment ?

Often on the websites all the jobs for graduates seem to be in the UK or America.

Im interested in moving to Norway for family reasons.

In particular looking to start in the oil industry as an engineer. Any one with any inside info of how to break in ?

jam: I have heard of foreigners (English) working in the oil industry in Norway - so if you are a petroleum engineer you have a chance in Stavanger or somewhere.

Your best bet is to try www.finn.no (Go to the job section), this is perhaps the largest job site in Norway

It is not that there are no jobs for graduates in Norway - there are many, but there is often a language barrier - however in the oil industry they have relaxed this, and in the IT professions also.

Moreover, Norway is an egalitarian society so when you stroll the streets you can often not tell who is a professional and who is not.

new_in_norway wrote:

jam: I have heard of foreigners (English) working in the oil industry in Norway - so if you are a petroleum engineer you have a chance in Stavanger or somewhere.

Your best bet is to try www.finn.no (Go to the job section), this is perhaps the largest job site in Norway

It is not that there are no jobs for graduates in Norway - there are many, but there is often a language barrier - however in the oil industry they have relaxed this, and in the IT professions also.

Moreover, Norway is an egalitarian society so when you stroll the streets you can often not tell who is a professional and who is not.

thanks for link.
It seems all the jobs offers are for senior positions with 10+ years experience. I was hoping to move earlier.

OK that makes sense - because they would often look to hire people from abroad only if they can't find locals with those skills - and therefore they have hired people in the Oil & Gas industry from the UK, software professionals from India etc.

There is another site although I doubt it would be anymore helpful

https://tjenester.nav.no/stillinger/forside

The above site is the official site for unemployed people in Norway although finn.no could easily be better.

with the second site you can get an English version with some info on working life in Norway.

jam111 wrote:
new_in_norway wrote:

thanks for link.
It seems all the jobs offers are for senior positions with 10+ years experience. I was hoping to move earlier.

Hi, I am nelson from india. I have done my masters in networking and currently working in a mnc. I am a fresher and i have no work experience as of now. I completed ccna certification. Is it possible to get job in norway? I have heard that there are good no of indians in norway. Any indian can help me finding job there? Also my gf is over there, so if i get job there i can migrate to norway. Anyone help me plz. Thank you

hi silver.. thx for your reply. is it possible to get a tourist visa to come over there and look for a job?

Dear Sirs

I, Rabih Costantine , from Lebanese nationality, willing to move and rebuild a career in a European country .

Being in Norway for 2 times really have the intention to move from the gulf and have a permanent work with a well-known company . this is in addition to a family reason counted important to my future

Moreover, being capable to work under pressure I can easily be familiar with any situation or condition to face.

a help from you shall be highly appreciated

Sincerely