LOOKING FOR FRIENDS

I'm Allen.  I moved here from the US about two weeks ago and will be here until around May, 2013, or maybe a bit longer.  I'm forty-something and just looking for people who want to get together once in a while for a beer or to check out one of the hang outs in Old Town.  I live in Toompea (top of Old Town) in a great apartment with a flat-mate, but he and his friends are mostly twenty-something.  They're a great group of people, but sometimes I just want to be with people closer to my age (although I probably act like I'm twenty-something most of the time????).

Any expats or locals who get bored in the evenings and want to hang out, let me know.  I'm not a weirdo or anything.  I used to be a high school principal and before that a teacher, but I'm taking a year off from that r*t-r*ce and living in Tallinn and plan on doing some traveling once a month throughout Europe.  My apartment is a perfect hang-out place before/after grabbing a bite or drink down the hill.

Sent you a message :)

Hi, I'm Mark from Chicago...the message system won't let me send you a message so I hope you get this.  Would be happy to meet up for a beer sometime.  I'm here until Monday or Tuesday next week and then back after the 19th.  Let me know what works for you.

Mark:  I think I responded to your post, but I don't see it.  I also saw you're part of InterNations, as well.  You're out of town until later this month.  If you want to grab a beer, shoot some stick, or something else, email me at [email protected] when you get back to town.

Allen

Allen,

I just found this thread.. are you still in Tallinn or did you go back to the States?

Tim

Tim:  I'm sitting in my condo in Portland, Oregon watching "The Simpsons" and surfing the net.  Haven't opened this link in a LONG time and just was nosing around and came across your post.  I moved back to the states in June, 2013, so I'm no longer in Tallinn.
Don't know if this will make the post, but I found Inter Nations to be a MUCH better place to meet Americans and others from around the world.  They are pretty active in Tallinn, and usually have a meet-up once a month in one of the local Old Town hang outs, plus they have other interest groups---foodies, sports, and others.  There were a lot of great people in that group and made my time in Tallinn much more enjoyable.

Hope this helps you.

Allen

Allen,

I know, it was an old thread.. lol.. thanks for posting.. Were you happy to return to the states?

I tried InterNations when I first got here, but was pretty disappointed. I could browse for free, but couldn't post or get meetup locations and times without a paid subscription to the site. The current "ambassador" selects the same location every month and ignores requests (from people other than myself) for different locations/venues, and recommends restaurants that are overpriced and low quality. Meh, whatever.. lol

Yeah, I'm a bit uptight, but I also like variety. Anyway, thanks again for the reply. Enjoy Portland and the Simpsons... I'll get back to the states eventually.

Tim

hey allen,

are you stil in tallinn &looking for friends?
would you be interested to do windsurfing?

let me know,
best regards
anna

I'm not in Tallinn anymore. I guess I need to update my status!

Allen

PS--I don't know if this will make it through, or if it'll be censored out, but Inter Nations has a strong international group in Tallinn.  Check them out.